iPad Pro Logitech CREATE Keyboard lag?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Wintrmte, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Wintrmte, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015

Wintrmte macrumors regular

Just curious if anyone else is using the Logitech CREATE keyboard with your iPad Pro and are noticing some lag / keystrokes not being registered?

This is on iOS 9.1 and iOS 9.2 PB4 that I have this problem. Starting to wonder if I have a bum keyboard.

2. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

3. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

*shrugs*, I have only used it when in a browser and not in any apps thus far, and being an Android fan boy, I mostly use Chrome. :p

ive a 128 lte model and once i tap on the screen to start typing, the keys register. not noticed any lag.

can you post some apps you are using so that I Can test this on my end? I could be just slow and not notice.. :p

4. Wintrmte thread starter macrumors regular

I notice it the most when typing emails in the native mail app.

5. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

ahhhh... grasshoppa...

I have composed a few emails, but Im using Inbox from goog. I do have some POP/IMAP addresses that are setup in the stock mail app.

for grins, I just composed a message using the logitech in the stock mail app. once i tap on the screen to place the cursor i start typing and did not notice any lag.

I peck, so i will use one finger (index) on my left hand and 3-4 fingers + thumb on my right to type and again no issues thus far that I can see...

6. thisisnotmyname macrumors 6502a

thisisnotmyname

7. slpslee1 macrumors member

No, no lag here. I just tried it in both Mail and Notes, and it's instantaneous from keypress to appearance on screen. I'm a very fast touch typist and have been typing for 50+ years. I'll admit the lighted keyboard won me over. I just grabbed some copy and started reproducing it so it would be random and unfamiliar to me.

EDIT: I'm running iOS 9.1. That could be a difference.

8. Drsbkk macrumors newbie

Drsbkk

I had problems with lagging and keystrokes missing when typing fast..i adjusted in settings and reduced the reponstime for next keystroke and turned off correction..never had the problem again.

9. Wintrmte, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

Wintrmte thread starter macrumors regular

Ah! I will look for the reduced response time for the next keystroke and see if that helps. Where exactly do I find that setting though?

10. rjjacobson macrumors 6502

rjjacobson

Same here I see no lag with mine, and I did not have to change setting on it.

11. TimCombridge macrumors newbie

TimCombridge

I purchased iPad Pro and CREATE keyboard yesterday. First thing I did once I had iPad set up was update to iOS 9.2, so I can't blame the iOS because I don't know if 9.1 worked or not.
    I'm about to go and see what the Apple Store says. I've called Apple Care and they said they've heard nothing about it being iOS 9.2. It may be a bad batch of keyboards!

12. iwill424 macrumors newbie

Same here. Got my iPad Pro and CREATE first batch as soon as it came out. Been running iOS 9.2 beta since then, issue has gotten worse and worse. Intermittently though, mostly worse in Message and Facebook app. Notes is not bad.

13. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Fortunately the Smart Keyboard seems to be fine under 9.2. Sad to see Apple screw up (the only) third party Smart Connector accessories which is very expensive. Not sure why this only affects the Logitech keyboard since ... What's so complicated with a keyboard?

14. birnando macrumors regular

birnando

I haven't really noticed any lag with the create keyboard.
    I have more or less retired it by now though.
    When I got the pro it was the only option out there with a Norwegian keyboard.
    Now I just use an Apple keyboard when needed instead.

15. Poppaholic macrumors newbie

Almost immediately after 9.2 came out, my Create keyboard started misfiring. Big Time!!!! I called Logitech today and was told it was a known issue. The irony of this is that the keyboard was touted to have been developed hand in hand with Apple so that this wouldn't happen. Boo!!!!

16. Ghost31 macrumors 65816

Ghost31

There's a lot of reasons I choose not to get the create case and this just adds to it. Feel bad for the people that bought one that have to suffer through this though. Do we know if it's a software or hardware related issue?

17. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I returned mine the day it arrived. Same lag problem

18. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

I tried them bluetooth keyboards on both iPads and Samsung tablets,they all had lag and missing key strokes. Think those boards are somewhere someplace in a box today. as i never tried them again.

19. johnsonroda27 macrumors newbie

How do you adjust next key response time because i dont see that anywhere

20. Poppaholic macrumors newbie

Thank You. I will try that. And Yes, Correction was a big part of the problem.

21. Wintrmte thread starter macrumors regular

Curious if anyone has tried the 9.2.1 PB1 release to see if it fixes the lag issue? Am planning on trying it out tonight - will report back if no one else replies.

22. Poppaholic macrumors newbie

Please let us know. Still have a really significant problem with this.

23. Drsbkk macrumors newbie

Drsbkk

General--->Accessbility--->Keyboard--->Hardware keyboards

It did help performance on logitech..but at the end i decided to shift to Apple magic keyboard. Happy now!

24. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

Thanks for the post on adjusting key response. Curious, which particular settings did you adjust.

I've made some adjustments but my milage is varying