Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
Well I'm deploying to middle east in June. Will be a great way to control stuff on my Mac when I'm gone

Possibly ignorant question but how would you be able to log on to your mac while away from home? Don't you need a static IP (which most providers dont have) or something like that to be able to connect that way?

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
Possibly ignorant question but how would you be able to log on to your mac while away from home? Don't you need a static IP (which most providers dont have) or something like that to be able to connect that way?

Logmein doesn't require a static IP. There's a background utility that reports the IP address to Logmein and when you start a session it contacts Logmein first to get the IP and then hands off to the computer on the other end.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012
I cannot believe LogMeIn increased the price of thier app to $129.99 now. I am so glad I got it for $19.99.

IMG_0031.png

I get hd quality + remote audio without needing Pro on my LogMeIn computer.

number84

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2011
I accidentally selected to allow logmein to change my resolution on my remote computer. Any way to change it back to use the computers resolution instead? I hate having to change my res on my computer every time after using logmein. Thanks.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
I cannot believe LogMeIn increased the price of thier app to $129.99 now. I am so glad I got it for $19.99.

Looks like I never payed a dime for it as my iTunes account shows no charge.

Stupid question, was it ever less than $19.99? I'd never have spent that much on any App.

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
LogMeIn came out for iOS a year or so ago for $30, it went as low as $15. That specific app went up to $100+ when HD video/Audio streaming/Cloud Support came out

Then they released a free version that still does remote control but with no audio/cloud support etc.

That's the difference.

macbook123

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2006
LogMeIn came out for iOS a year or so ago for $30, it went as low as $15. That specific app went up to $100+ when HD video/Audio streaming/Cloud Support came out

Then they released a free version that still does remote control but with no audio/cloud support etc.

That's the difference.

What does the cloud support do? Enable moving files?

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
I accidentally selected to allow logmein to change my resolution on my remote computer. Any way to change it back to use the computers resolution instead? I hate having to change my res on my computer every time after using logmein. Thanks.

Wow for all the money I'd expect logmein to manage this better. Splashtop changes the resolution back once you disconnect, pretty seamless

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
Downloaded and deleted after 20 mins of struggling to get the username in.

Was expecting so much more from this.

Dkorda

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012

That's the difference.

That really sucks. T.hey jack the price like that

Saberon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
Downloaded and deleted after 20 mins of struggling to get the username in.

Was expecting so much more from this.

Struggling to enter your username in? Just type it in, tap next for password and type that in and hit Login...no different than any other time you type in your ID/username/account and password.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011

I get hd quality + remote audio without needing Pro on my LogMeIn computer.

The app is FREE
http://itunes.apple.com/app/logmein/id479229407?mt=8

The Ignitiion app, only, is paid to support old customers.
LogMeIn: Now free on iOS
By James Kendrick | December 22, 2011, 7:00am PST
With this new free app, what about those of us who paid $30 for the older version? The LogMeIn folks are stepping up and doing what is right, as anyone who purchased the app in the past two years are now grandfathered in for free LogMeIn Pro service. While the free LogMeIn service can be used for full remote control and file transfer, the Pro service adds new high-definition audio and video streaming (Mac version in early 2012). Those grandfathered in will not have to pay for the Pro service to get the streaming service.

superfula

macrumors 6502
Mar 17, 2002
Yeah, it's been a freemium app for a few months now. If you want HD video and sound streaming, cloud integration, etc, you need to subscribe to the Pro version which is an in-app purchase.

sekazi

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2012

LogMeIn free is missing
-Cloud Bank (Dropbox & Google Docs)
-File transfer from Computer to Computer or to Cloud or Local storage
-Audio playback on Free computers
-HD Quality on Free computers

I like LogMeIn but the Low Quality all the way up to High Quality modes at 1920x1200 is very slow and jumpy. Not so much when accessed though a computer. With HD Quality you can get fluid video/animations and smooth scrolling etc. There will be a slight delay but much much better than the free app.

LogMeIn Ignition > LogMeIn

My suggestion is if you plan on getting LogMeIn Pro or Pro on multiple computers get LogMeIn Ignition instead. It gives Pro for Free accounts and without a subscription to Pro. But if you need it from a desktop connection too then it may not be for you.

Baytriple

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2012
Struggling to enter your username in? Just type it in, tap next for password and type that in and hit Login...no different than any other time you type in your ID/username/account and password.

Are you really going to tell me how to type now???? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.