Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fullfast

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2010
Never done the queue up for an iPhone but did it for the iPad mini....it was definitely an experience.....need to go to Bluewater, UK tomorrow evening to get a couple of bits......

Thankfully already tracking my pre order on web and getting text updates from delivery....so hopefully will be able to get hold of a case to protect it.....

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
Happens every year here in Australia. I was in Melbourne for the 5s launch. I didn't get a phone but I took a photo of the lines. Insanely long as usual.

Speedy Dingo

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
Australia
I'd go and wait at the Brisbane City store.

brisbane_hero.jpg

brisbane_gallery_image1.jpg

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
not a single aussie to be seen in these lol

we all know where those phones will end up

Last edited:

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
Why Apple employees forming line so soon?

Apple customers. Because they are excited about getting a new iPhone. Apple employees have either all gone home, or will be going home soon when the store closes for Thursday evening.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
I don't get why people don't preorder.

Here's my reason:
I have 4 lines on my account. My number is slated for upgrade on 11/14, and AT&T won't pull in the date to 9/12. I have another line that is due for upgrade now, but I have to pull that upgrade over to my line. The web page doesn't have that capability. Plus, I'm moving across the country at the end of the month, so if it gets pushed out past 10/1 to between 10/1 and 10/13, it will be somewhere I don't want it to be.

I know, a special case, and if things were more stable for me, yeah, I'd pre-order.

In a heartbeat.

JeffyTheQuik

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2014
Charleston, SC and Everett, WA
Here come the attack ads from Samsung poking fun at all the people lining up for iPhones... while nobody lines up for new Samsung products.

Joe (in marketing): Ha! :apple: Wall huggers, waiting for the newest iPhone!
Intern: Hey Joe, they're taking time out of their schedules to wait for a chance to buy a phone. Isn't that a good thing for them?
Joe: umm...

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I'am from Melbourne Australia, I knew that this would happen and i pre ordered mine with Telstra at 1.45am on the saturday, now my telco has sold out of all iPhone 6 plus models it is disaster down under, if i had to miss out I could have been waiting months.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
People have to much time :)

Kind of ironic, isn't it? A forum member that consumes time on threads like this one, being amazed on what others do with their own time...!!

On the topic.....

We have not heard about these guys who went Q-ing up few weeks before, in US? Did they give up or something?

Oberhorst

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2010
Stockholm
If I went shopping there, those hipster-hobos would annoy me. I wonder why the operator of this mall allows them to bum around like that with all the chairs and stuff.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
Kind of ironic, isn't it? A forum member that consumes time on threads like this one, being amazed on what others do with their own time...!!

On the topic.....

We have not heard about these guys who went Q-ing up few weeks before, in US? Did they give up or something?

Are you for real ? I maybe spend 5-10 minutes on this every 2-3 days. Like reading a paper :)

I would never stand i line for days, for something I'll get anyway :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.