Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
So just wait the extra 30 seconds? It's not like you are installing things off Cydia constantly. It could be the new SSD Drive that Apple is using for higher memory iPhones. IMO this sounds like a repo issue.

teameurox

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
So just wait the extra 30 seconds? It's not like you are installing things off Cydia constantly. It could be the new SSD Drive that Apple is using for higher memory iPhones. IMO this sounds like a repo issue.

Been running just the standard default repos

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Alright after numerous restores the only possible explanation I can come up with is two different things.

The jailbreak before resyncing apps appears to work with almost instant loading to repspring, return to cydia, or reboot.

Upon syncing apps back to the device (I have a lot of apps part of the reason I got the 128gb) the issue become noticeable, for example trying to install multiiconmover purchased legally in cydia store, the issue is present (tweak is 8.1 compatible) for instance it took 37 seconds exactly to load to the respring option

Does anyone know where itunes stores mobileprovision files? That is the only thing I can think of that could be causing this issue now. I had a mobile provision file so I could use XBMC prior to the Pangu 8 jailbreak. I've never had any issues before with having mobileprovision on the device and jailbreaking but maybe something is different with Pangu8. I have a feeling that when I sync with itunes to reinstall my apps as a new device it is installing that provision file and that is why the issue becomes apparent after the sync.

------OR-----
Just becuase the device has a ton of apps on it is causing Cydia to slow down dramatically

No idea if this problem is related to the NAND flash that apple originally used for the 128GB models

http://wccftech.com/apple-fixes-iphone-6-plus-issue/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.