Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Superman730

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Hi all! I've been looking into docks and stands for various parts of my life recently: My work desk, my night stand, and now it turns out that I'm interested in one for my Home Theater!

At the moment I run a Mac Mini to my TV and that is the center hub to my entertainment unit. My PC in my home office has been running on fumes ever since the Windows 8 upgrade. I want to move my mini to my home office and look at different things for my main TV now that won't require a keyboard and mouse/trackpad.

BUT for the purpose of this thread, I used to charge a bunch of items off of the usb ports on the Mini when I needed charging in the living room. A regular charger would be fine but lately I find myself with multiple items of different connections are needed (Micro USB for Kindle and headphones, Mini usb for PS3 controller, Lightning for all things Apple). Well, when looking for solutions for work I stumbled across this dock/stand - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TT9O0SG...lid=3479926YX6VTH&coliid=I3KDNS8JPHL6NU&psc=1 and thought it would be perfect for my living room situation! I know there are just USB hubs that I could use and plug into the wall but I like that I can stack multiple items in a row with this one. Now my only question is, does anyone use something like this? Does anyone know of one with less spots, I'd only need probably 4 at most. I looked around Amazon and I can't find any like this with less ports (unless I'm using poor search strings, which is a possibility). Ever seen something like what I'm looking for?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.