Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve.P.JobsFan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2010
Columbus
My wife has a launch day 6+ from AT&T that is on Next - we have paid I think 4 installments. I submitted a request to unlock the phone at http://www.att.com/deviceunlock as she is travelling to Singapore on business, and the phone was unlocked by AT&T within 48 hours, no questions asked.

In the same boat - iPhone 6 Plus under Next 18. Submitted the unlock request and was immediately denied. :mad:

Apparently, I have to pay my bill... even though it isn't due for 15 more days. :rolleyes:

"Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:

- Your account has a past due or unpaid balance."

Guess I'll pay the bill in 15 days and resubmit. It'd be nice if they approved it with me still on Next, I am doing some travelling to Canada and the EU very soon.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Were you able to get your iPhone 6 unlocked from Chronic?

the phone has not been unlocked yet. Sent them an email today asking how long it would take. And also their prices have gone up!

----------

Yeah I want to know too. Did Chronicunlocks unlocked your iPhone 6? I ordered mine at unlockallcellular.com and nothing yet. To be fair its only been 4 days.

Did they unlock your phone? Mine hasn't been unlocked yet.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Did they unlock your phone? Mine hasn't been unlocked yet.

No they have not unlocked mine yet. Still waiting. I have contact with them and asked me to wait due to it is under contract (which they said on their website it will only take 5 days for any unlock including under contract with 100% guaranteed). I am running out of patience. If they don't unlock soon, I am going to ask for refund.

On the other side, I think everyone who is unlocking iPhone 6 & 6+ are having major delays. Because I have seen on other places that some are waiting for up to 3 weeks and still hasn't unlocked yet. In my case, since it is guaranteed service, they should take responsible for not being able to unlock on specific time as they advertised.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums
No they have not unlocked mine yet. Still waiting. I have contact with them and asked me to wait due to it is under contract (which they said on their website it will only take 5 days for any unlock including under contract with 100% guaranteed). I am running out of patience. If they don't unlock soon, I am going to ask for refund.

On the other side, I think everyone who is unlocking iPhone 6 & 6+ are having major delays. Because I have seen on other places that some are waiting for up to 3 weeks and still hasn't unlocked yet. In my case, since it is guaranteed service, they should take responsible for not being able to unlock on specific time as they advertised.

You paid a huge premium price they should 'd unlocked yours less than 5 days.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015

All of them are supposedly guaranteed. Even chronicunlocks calls its service guaranteed. They've said 4 - 15 days for the unlocking. It's been 11 days now. Still waiting.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Mine is 9th day. I guess its time to request for refund. This is where those unlock providers give hundred of reasons and freak out. Hopefully paypal to the rescue in worst case scenario.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Did anyone get their phone unlocked? Or a refund? Mine still not unlocked. 2 weeks of waiting and I now think maybe it won't happen.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Did anyone get their phone unlocked? Or a refund? Mine still not unlocked. 2 weeks of waiting and I now think maybe it won't happen.

Mine hasn't got unlocked yet too. My provider is giving me full refund by tomorrow without giving any reasons. So not so bad.

ifanme, did you use these guys theofficialunlocks.com/? or which provider did you use and how long did it take for you? Are your phones under contract as well? Thanks.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
I got two of my devices unlocked but i used a different service.

Which unlock service did u use and how long did it take?

----------

Mine hasn't got unlocked yet too. My provider is giving me full refund by tomorrow without giving any reasons. So not so bad.

ifanme, did you use these guys theofficialunlocks.com/? or which provider did you use and how long did it take for you? Are your phones under contract as well? Thanks.

Atleast they're giving the refund. You will now have to find another service.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
yeah. I have three options with great reviews in this forums now.

1. theofficialunlocks.com
  2. samunlocks
  3. slimyoursim.com

theofficialunlocks.com got 24 hour support and 10 days guaranteed service. They also told me they will refund full if they cannot unlock in 10 days and if I request them.

slimyoursim.com service can unlock within 3 days. I'm not sure if they will refund after 3 days.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Atleast they reply! Chronicunlocks has not even replied to the mail I sent them 4 days ago.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Atleast they reply! Chronicunlocks has not even replied to the mail I sent them 4 days ago.

I see. Well, nothing is sure until I got full refund back into my account. I will keep you guys updated, so others can also know about these providers. So far, unlockallcellular has been responsive and good communication, something that is very important at these services.

vietalogy

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
Avoid chronic unlocks!!! After I paid they had a 3rd party company contact me six months later saying I didn't pay.

I've been using swiftunlocks with no problems took about 3-5 business days.

ifanme

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2014
macforums

I always ordered and used the services of; theofficialunlocks.com and all the time the jobs were done in specified time.
Most of the devices i used to get unlocked by using their services were locked to at&t and got the results on 6th to 7th day most of the time.

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Avoid chronic unlocks!!! After I paid they had a 3rd party company contact me six months later saying I didn't pay.

I've been using swiftunlocks with no problems took about 3-5 business days.

I paid chronicunlocks through PayPal so I have proof of payment . Now that i have paid I have no option but to wait for 15 business days as they claim that is what it takes. It's been 11 business days today. After that I 'll ask for a refund.

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Guys! My iPhone 6 Plus just got unlocked today! I know it takes longer than it should but today is 11th day. The good thing is, they always reply my emails (trust me, I email them everyday). They are always giving me $30 discount because of delay.

So yah, I'm happy my iPhone is unlocked now! haha

Edit: They also give me store credit + $30 discount!

ironhide

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2015
Btw was the unlock code pushed directly to the iPhone or did u update it with iTunes to unlock the phone?

DiEg0

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2015
Btw was the unlock code pushed directly to the iPhone or did u update it with iTunes to unlock the phone?

I got email from my unlock provider that has been unlocked. So I insert a SIM that is not from AT&T. It shows activate SIM notification but it disappear as soon as I connected to iTunes. I resetted my phone just to check if it is still working after unlock and it works without any problem.

2macarena

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2011
yeah. I have three options with great reviews in this forums now.

1. theofficialunlocks.com
  2. samunlocks
  3. slimyoursim.com

theofficialunlocks.com got 24 hour support and 10 days guaranteed service. They also told me they will refund full if they cannot unlock in 10 days and if I request them.

slimyoursim.com service can unlock within 3 days. I'm not sure if they will refund after 3 days.

The three services that I order my unlock codes from are:
http://keys2iphone.com
http://attunlocker.us
http://unlockgiants.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.