Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DennyL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2009
I am looking for an app to silence my phone for say, 2 or 3 hours when I go into a cinema or theatre, for example. Then I don’t need to remember to unsilenced my phone later. I had an app like this back in the day when I had a Palm Pilot, but I don’t know of an app like this for the iPhone. thank you for any suggestions.

kitKAC

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2022
I have a Cinema focus mode to mute notifications, I've set it to activate at all of the cinemas that I regularly visit.

Reactions: ThrowerGB

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
I am looking for an app to silence my phone for say, 2 or 3 hours when I go into a cinema or theatre, for example. Then I don’t need to remember to unsilenced my phone later. I had an app like this back in the day when I had a Palm Pilot, but I don’t know of an app like this for the iPhone. thank you for any suggestions.
You don't need an app for that. Under "Focus", select "Do Not Disturb > until I leave this location" when you enter the theater. After you leave, the phone will automatically exit Do Not Disturb mode.

Learn more here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.