1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Looking for note taking app that allows drawing

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by ElDogman, Aug 27, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

ElDogman

Looking for a good note taking app for my iPad that I can use to take notes for class.
    I plan to use a bluetooth keyboard to type but occasionally I would like the ability to use my finger or stylus to draw figures on my notes, etc

Also need the ability to export the file as well

2. macrumors regular

You can't go wrong with Notability. It is very full featured; intuitive UI; you can annotate PDFs with typed text or handwritten notes; you can insert blank pages, rearrange pages, insert drawings, insert photos, insert web clips, insert multiple PDFs. The only negatives in my opinion are the limit of two levels of folders and no handwriting to text. If you really need those two features check out Notes Plus, very capable but not as intuitive interface.

3. macrumors 6502a

HE15MAN

Penultimate

4. macrumors 65816

I second this. It's my primary note taking app and I really like it. I think it's also on sale at the moment.

5. macrumors member

SteppingStone

It's been "on sale" as far back as I can remember, so I don't expect that to change anytime soon... Can't complain about a $.99 price though, no matter what.

6. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Another vote for Penultimate here.

7. macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm currently testing out Notes Plus and Penultimate. I think so far I like Notes Plus better for it's advanced features. Penultimate is better if you want just a simple no frills hand writing app.

8. macrumors 6502

ElDogman

hey guys thanks for the response! I ended up going for notability simply because it was 99 cents :D

9. macrumors regular

Please let us know what you think of Notability.