Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DJMastaWes

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
I just had my first ever kernal panic in 4 years, and I lost ALL my iPhoto pics, I had just taken some that I wanted to edit, and now it's all gone! I'm not sure if anything else in my computer is gone, my music is all here.

My question is, are the phots still in the computer!?!?

EDIT: all photos are in the >Photos>iPhoto Library >Originals

everything BUT my last roll, which at this point is waht I want the most...

EDIT 2: When i try to add one of those photos that I get in the folder I get :

picture1eb2.png

Edit: 3 Is it possible taht because I hade the Kernal Panic after the photos were put into the libray, they didint save?!?

If so, is there ANYTHING I can do to get them back?

Applespider

macrumors G4
I'm a little lost.

All your 'old' pictures arent' showing up in the Library but are in the the appropriate Originals folder.

Your Last Roll is there but can't be re-added?

I'd try two things - I'm guessing that the KP caused the iPhoto data file not to save properly.

First off, try rebuilding your iPhoto Library and see if that corrects the data file.

If not, then try taking those 'Last Roll' shots that currently won't go back in, try copying them and renaming them and then try to reimport them.

I'm assuming that you were deleting the memory card as you imported so I'm not sure if there's anything you could do to recover them from the memory card. I tend to import using Image Capture and from there into iPhoto which means I have a file of 'originals' that I can burn to disk or save elsewhere.

Miguel0019

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2006
DJMastaWes said:
I just had my first ever kernal panic in 4 years, and I lost ALL my iPhoto pics, I had just taken some that I wanted to edit, and now it's all gone! I'm not sure if anything else in my computer is gone, my music is all here.

My question is, are the phots still in the computer!?!?

EDIT: all photos are in the >Photos>iPhoto Library >Originals

everything BUT my last roll, which at this point is waht I want the most...

EDIT 2: When i try to add one of those photos that I get in the folder I get :

picture1eb2.png

Edit: 3 Is it possible taht because I hade the Kernal Panic after the photos were put into the libray, they didint save?!?

If so, is there ANYTHING I can do to get them back?

Data Rescute could help you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.