Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blanche17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
i found an Ipod belonging to "Jessica Germany" in Northern California..any ideas on how i can get it back to her..it has an "inscription" on it..thanks to all

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone".

If everything else fails, you can keep it. Why not? :D

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation.

White Pages has two entries for Jessica Germany, both in San Diego but on different streets.

It's good to know there are still people who do the right thing.

xriderx11

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Try looking for the address of the contact in the contacts app. Or connect it to a Wi-fi and wait for a few weeks, the owner might see it in "Find my iPhone"...

Hopefully she'll have an contact under "ICE," - which means in case of emergency - and a contact number.

Another option is to check for a texting app and if there's a record of texts, reply to one of them and explain the situation....
Is it unlocked? If so go onto "Facebook" or go onto the appstore and look at her email address through that and contact her.

I must be missing something.....How does any of this apply to an iPod?:eek::D

Aug 5, 2012
If your attempts to locate her fail then feel free to keep or sell it.

Bingo was his name'o

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.

bruceclay85

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
This person is probably never coming back here, but I'll post it anyway.

It is not a good idea to post this kind of thing on a message board. Especially on MR where there are people here, who are only here, for the promo codes and freebies. I'm pretty sure she/he is getting messages from people either saying they are the girl in question, or are related/friends of her and are "willing to take it back to her" in order to get a free iPod.

You should have left it where you found it, or turned it in to the place where you found it. Sure, it's most likely someone would have taken it home by the end of the week, but that's just how it goes with these things (and as an example, someone left their TI-83 behind, just sitting outside a classroom - someone who graduated or didn't go there anymore apparently, it could have gone in the trash, but instead I used it for the six years in middle school/high school and then sold it in 2010, easily saved my parents $100).

And in most cases, if you were to call Apple about it, they would tell you to chunk it. That's what Amazon does with their Kindles anyway. They have no responsibility when it comes to you losing the device, and they don't think it should be the responsibility of others either.

Keep it. Just erase the data and throw on a case. It's not like you're taking a unique item that can't be bought for less than $100 on eBay in pretty decent condition at this point. You never know, it could have been bought at a pawn shop miles away too, there are so many possibilities.

This..... Someone is simply trying to do something nice, and....this....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.