Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matt.bauer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2004
St. Louis
In graduate school I am working on projects that would benefit from quicktime VR.

Even the student pricing for Apple's Quicktime VR studio is pretty high. Does anyone have experience with low cost alternatives for creating Quicktime VR projects.

Specifically I would like to integrate VR panoramas, into Flash sites.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
If you look on the quicktime website there are some utilities for stitching together images to make quicktime vrs.

If you're using flash for the navigation /interactivity, then you won't need more than that.

I did a cubicVR interactive walk through of a little 3D scene with some links in the qtvr. Take a look and see if this is something you're looking for. I'll go and look for the app if it is.

http://www.dukestreet.com/cubic/

D

Schmittroth

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2003
NYC, Astoria-Queens
My Canon Powershot S400 Elph came with stitching software. I don't know whether or not it can be used with pics not taken with that camera though. Works OK only does 360 panoramas, it won't do spheres.

m15t3r 8L4Ck

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2004
Yes my Canon Powershot G3 came with the same photostitch software. It doesn't seem to be camera specific, as it only requires the image files that you want to stitch together. It has the ability to save to a wide range of formats including QTVR and MP4. Canon seems to be pretty proud of it though, as they ask $20 for a copy of it on cd. I don't know if it would do what you need it to, but acquisition info can be found here.

ephramz

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2004
Check out PTMac
http://www.kekus.com/ptmac/
which is pretty cheap ($45) for panorama tools, though it's quite powerful and low level. can be a bit tedious but it lets you control everything once you get the hang of it.

Or for fancier stuff there's Stitcher from RealViz, but i think that's over $100, a lot easier and automated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.