Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

morkintosh

macrumors regular
Nov 25, 2003
Gravity said:
I'm a professional mac user, and I have absolutely no problem using my Apple Pro Mouse (one button) for all my photoshop, illustrator, Indesign/Quark work. Doesn't bother ME one bit.

Don't lump all professionals together. Different strokes, you know?

ah I was once like you; and I still think that the shallow design of the pro mouse is better than anything else I've tried ... one use of the expose mappings to my mouse buttons and I was a back to the multi-button mouse of my PC days.

Sabenth

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2003
UK
if i was in the uk i would have jetset of over there cheap flights and all but australia is just to dam far to fly.. oh well

great idea though they should make it a regualar thing for online stuff or store stuff

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Applespider said:
Why? There aren't any flagship openings coming up and from reports on ifoapplestore.com, there aren't going to be any more Lucky Bags.

Sorry I had multiple windows open at the same time and in a state of delerium posted in the wrong thread.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Applespider said:
Why? There aren't any flagship openings coming up and from reports on ifoapplestore.com, there aren't going to be any more Lucky Bags.

One can still dream. When the time is right Steve will surprise us.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Actually, just a few months ago, Europe's first Apple store opened in London - Lucky Bag's an all. If i'd seen this thread before and known of the wonders you get inside, I would've gone to the opening and got one! Dammit.

But I've noticed a few UK people complaining about the distance in this thread. Didn't any of you guys go and get lucky bags? :)

Found this:
The Lucky Bags may contain a selection of the following items in any combination: Airport Express, Wireless Mouse, Wireless Keyboard, D-Link, Keynote, .Mac, iLife, iSight Camera, 20GB iPod, Silver iPod Mini, JBL on Tour, GarageBand Jam Pack, Limited Edition iPod Case, Limited Edition iPod Mini Case, ProCare, 10% off coupon, Insider’s Guide to London DVD or a World Book Encyclopedia.
http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/regentstreet/luckybag.html

Look at that - "any combination" :eek: Imagine getting the Silver iPod Mini, 20GB iPod, Wireless Keyb./mouse, 10% off coupon, Airport express, iSight, iLife, Keynote......" :D

But then, also imagine spending £250 ($500) on an Insider's guide to London, Encyclopedia, .Mac, Limited Edition iPod Mini Case, Limited Edition iPod case, D-Link (?), just a wireless mouse.... :(

Maybe it's better I didn't go and get one after all..... hmm, maybe next time. The US store one's sound much better anyway. Encyclopedia's? What's that about?

-Luke

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
Photorun said:
Bluetooth adapter? Uh... why? Not everyone has BT devices.

obviously if you are getting the apple wireless keyboard and you don't already have BT, then you need it.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
morkintosh said:
ah I was once like you; and I still think that the shallow design of the pro mouse is better than anything else I've tried ... one use of the expose mappings to my mouse buttons and I was a back to the multi-button mouse of my PC days.

You have seen The Mouse BT and The Mouse haven't you? They're very closely designed around Apple's Pro Mouse but with the added attraction of a scroll wheel and a button on each side.

If you're really into the style of the 'free' Apple mouse (I know I'm not) that's the way to go.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
EssentialParado said:
Actually, just a few months ago, Europe's first Apple store opened in London - Lucky Bag's an all. If i'd seen this thread before and known of the wonders you get inside, I would've gone to the opening and got one! Dammit.

But I've noticed a few UK people complaining about the distance in this thread. Didn't any of you guys go and get lucky bags? :)

-Luke

I would certainly be at a Flagship Apple Store Opening. Just waiting for one in the Boston area, we deserve one just like NYC. I'd be there with bells on. It would be an awesome experience.

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
EssentialParado said:
Didn't any of you guys go and get lucky bags? :)

Yup, I went along with two of my mates, got there for 10pm the night before - was about 180th in the queue! In my lucky bag I got: an iSight, Airport Express, Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, iLife '04, Keynote, .Mac, a Garageband Jam pack, that encyclopedia thing, the guide to London, Pro Care and thats about it I think. Guy in front of me got a 20GB iPod the lucky sod!

I sold it on eBay a few days after the opening and made a nice profit :)

It was an awesome experience, very cool being welcomed in by all the staff cheering and clapping!

Still have the unopened t-shirt if anyone is interested..?!

Chimera

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2004
Surrey, England
I also got a lucky bag at London and I made a massive £250 profit on the stuff I didn't want! and I still have the 10% discount to use. To the guy above I just sold my t-shirt for £50 which I couldn't believe but i was lucky as there were two people bidding against each other on eBay but you can get £20 no problems.

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Bob Knob said:
You do realize that AE is 100% compatible with any version of Apple wireless gear don't you...

Isn't AE 100% compatible with 802.11g, anyway? That would also include 802.11b. Which is a LOT of hardware devices out there.

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Yvan256 - check the dates of the posts :)

Would've been nice to see a picture of a bag, though (before anyone posts up a picture of a bag - you know I mean a lucky one :rolleyes: ) Anyone have a picture? Were they actually bags or boxes? How big were they? :confused:

Applespider

macrumors G4
I'm sure there were some pics back in the London opening thread but it's quicker to post these than search for the link

Attachments

• luckybag.jpg
    luckybag.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 117
  • bagcontents.jpg
    bagcontents.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 156

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Applespider said:
I'm sure there were some pics back in the London opening thread but it's quicker to post these than search for the link
Gasp! :eek:
It's like a completely stuffed sports bag. AWESOME!
I am so flying to the next Apple store opening! :D

Thanks,
-Luke

cheekyspanky

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2004
South Bucks, UK
And most importantly those bags smelt really nice!

Looked strange seeing people flocking out of the store with identical bags...would look a little suspicious if you weren't clued up!

Lots of people were trying to do swaps for other bits and bobs in the store but i kept mine intact - it was a fun day. :D

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
cheekyspanky said:
Looked strange seeing people flocking out of the store with identical bags...would look a little suspicious if you weren't clued up!
Especially if they were all sniffing the bags too! hehe

Floop

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2003
I was at the London opening, it was wild! About 140th in the queue and got my lucky bag.

I paid £248.99 for the lucky bag.

I sold the Apple Wireless Mouse, the Apple Wireless Keyboard, iLife 04, Keynote, .Mac, World Book 2005 and Garage Band Jam Pack 1 for £260, a profit of £10.

In addition to this small profit, it meant that I could keep all the other items that I wanted - the Airport Express, the JBL On Tour Speakers, the D-Link Bluetooth Module, the 10% off card, the ProCare card, the Apple T-Shirt and the London DVD (okay the last one is rubbish!) - for basically free!

It was wicked, but I don't think Lucky Bags are going to happen any more.

Floop

thrash

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2005
LA
Holy crap! yes! I have 2 apple stores opening near me soon! (and by "near" I mean I can walk to them :D )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.