Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
Yeah, Black Friday is all ours. But it's not like people acting stupid dumb is exclusive to America. Idiocy knows no racial, cultural, or national boundaries.

I heard that the Samsung stores were selling grab bags full of Hot Pockets. :D:D

kds1

Suspended
Feb 17, 2013
New York, New York
When I said "small stuff" I was referring to products of small worth. People tend to fight over stuff like that on BF. You're taking it much further than reality. Shooting and brawls in parking lots isn't common on BF. I should know, I go out every BF and shop many stores throughout the night. Most people are very calm, it's just a lot of people out in the streets store hopping.

As I mentioned, Walmart is the creator of much of that stuff. It's up to the stores to handle that properly. Again, you're making it out to be much more than it is and yes calling black friday "A embarrassment for America" is being overdramatic. ;)

In your opinion, not in mine.

----------

It's weird agreeing with DJP on something, but he's right. You're taking what are ultimately isolated incidences and applying them to the country as a whole.

Black Friday is a nationwide sale that practically everyone participates in. With that many people going out shopping all at once, you're bound to get some idiocy from the select few idiots who are now out and about with everyone else. It's not like everyone suddenly loses civility all at once, and the whole country turns into a frenzied Thunderdome style melee on that day.

I think it pretty much does, and I think it's indicative of America. You're free to disagree.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.