M-Audio keyboard compatible with Intel?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by joshwest, Jan 29, 2007.

1. joshwest macrumors 65816

joshwest

hey guys i have the oxygen8 and it will not work whatsoever with my intel iMac anyone have any suggestions. M-Audio said they released drivers but if you go to the drivers section of their site it just sends u a email for download at a later time.

2. scottlinux macrumors 6502a

scottlinux

Shouldn't need a driver. From the m-audio driver database:

Open up Audio Midi Setup under Applications>Utilities and make sure the device is listed okay. You may have to set up some midi channels there. Perhaps find the pdf manual for the device.

3. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I have the original oxygen 8 and am about to get an intel Mac, I hope it works....!!!

4. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

I also have the original oxygen8 keyboard, and it does NOT work with my CD Macbook. Bummer!

5. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

I have an oxygen 8 and a radium 60something and they Both work perfectly on my MBP..

You should be fine as it was a simple plug and play situation for me..

6. sangamc macrumors newbie

i just bought the trigger finger for my intel imac, and it is not detected at all. it gets power, works on my pc with no problems, just in osx its not detected. is there a way to install drivers even though the device is supposed to be class compliant?

7. g1rlg0ne macrumors newbie

if possible, try the m-audio axiom 25/49/etc as a midi controller instead. it's a much nicer interface and it will work with your intel mac :)
    gotta love the plug and play!

8. alecmcmahon macrumors regular

i have the m audio 49e keyboard and it works fine with my intel imac, no drivers nessasary, just plugged it in and it was reconginized by both garage band,reason, and pro tools.

9. notchip macrumors newbie

This is my question as well...

I have an old M-Audio Keyboard (not class compliant) and I've downloaded the new drivers from the M-Audio website, but still haven't had any luck getting my new MacBook to recognize the keyboard.

I know that there are better (and more recent) controllers out there, but I'd rather not have to purchase another controller, if I can get this one to work.

Any thoughts, help etc?

Thanks!

10. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

The Novation SL25 is an amazing piece of kit for the money, and works flawlessly with intel Macs.