Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hkriffraff

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
I had to hard reset my TT for the first time since becoming a Mac user. After hotsyncing, I get the error:

Hotsync operation was interrupted. Some of your data was NOT backed up. For details, tap HotSync Log on the HotSync screen.

Then when I go to my Palm menu, it freezes either on a blank screen, or with something about a localization error.

The PalmOne support suggested updating my Palm Desktop version (from 4.1 to 4.2.1), so i installed the latest version - but now I just get something about conflicting conduit settings.

It seems a big mess, so I'd like to just preserve my PIM data and reinstall everything else from scratch. In Windows, I could just delete the contents of a "Backup" sub-folder, perform a Hotsync and that was it. How can I achieve the same thing in OS X?

Thanks a bunch!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
hkriffraff said:
I had to hard reset my TT for the first time since becoming a Mac user. After hotsyncing, I get the error:

Hotsync operation was interrupted. Some of your data was NOT backed up. For details, tap HotSync Log on the HotSync screen.

Then when I go to my Palm menu, it freezes either on a blank screen, or with something about a localization error.

The PalmOne support suggested updating my Palm Desktop version (from 4.1 to 4.2.1), so i installed the latest version - but now I just get something about conflicting conduit settings.

It seems a big mess, so I'd like to just preserve my PIM data and reinstall everything else from scratch. In Windows, I could just delete the contents of a "Backup" sub-folder, perform a Hotsync and that was it. How can I achieve the same thing in OS X?

Thanks a bunch!
The conflicting conduit settings problem is most likely caused by either iSync or Entourage - their conduits are conflicting with the built-in ones from Palm. You need to disable the offending conduits to make the conflict disappear. As far as cleaning up after a failed HotSync goes, I believe the Palm software puts a Palm folder in your Documents folder in your home directory. Look in there - that is where the synchronization data is stored (make sure you're deleting the data for the user you are using with your Tungsten, in case you have more than one Palm Desktop user). Maybe if you delete/move that data before attempting another HotSync, it will succeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.