Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemacdude

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2001
Over The Rainbow
Has you mac been damaged and Apple has refused to fix it? My iMac came with a loose Pro speaker plug and it broke and Apple refused to fix it. I bought the imac on the 29th of january. Has this happened to u? Tell your stories...

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
before people start ranting, let's get one thing out... "damages" must not be accidental. it's manufacturing defect - not damages - that are covered by the warranty. it's not an insurance.

that said, apple replaced my iPod headphone when the wire cover slipped out and wires became exposed.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
My wife has a imac500 who's hard drive went out after 9 months. called Apple they said take it to the nearest Apple reseller and they put in a new drive at no cost. very positive experience.

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
answers

Palm rests will get worn, that is normal use, that is not a defect. As for the white spots, do you mean the white spots that the 15" had for awhile. Or do you mean something else.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: answers

Originally posted by varmit
Palm rests will get worn, that is normal use, that is not a defect. As for the white spots, do you mean the white spots that the 15" had for awhile. Or do you mean something else.

worn is one thing, corrosion of metal after a few months is not what i consider normal "wear and tear". what if your car doors started getting holes in them after 2 months?

as for the white spots, i've got 2 that i can see. they are about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch, on opposite sides of the screen. looks like as if my screen were a piece of cloth that had drops of bleach spattered in these two spots. best way i could describe it.

MillieWales

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2003
UK
If you have the white spots, I do not understand why Apple wont sort them out for you. They have done/are doing all the others!

As for the 'corrosion', take it to a higher level with Apple. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, it sounds like an issue, if c

not, may be something contaminating from your skin, like an aftershave or something, and they are not going to help you. Give it some effort though, and just keep going to the next level with the complaint.

Marc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.