Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
I've tried running 7.2.2 using trouble shoot compatibility, this managed to get it to install using XP SP 2 compatibility mode. But does not see my OS X partition, yet can read the HSF side of the Leopard disk. How did you get it to work? (using 32 bit Windows 7 BTW).

Edit: Just realised haven't assigned it a drive letter, d'oh. Will Check Computer Management and see if I can.

Edit 2: Nope that didn't work, can see partition in Computer Management but Windows doesn't know what to do with it :(
I had to use kennytech's suggestion to get it working.

myosx86

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
use ext2fsd give macVolume a drive letter
and install macdirve 7.2.5
you can read&wirte macVolume now!
file here:http://www.easy-share.com/1905172458/macdriveWin7_C3-.rar
win7 7100 success
24l2zon.png

uwantjesse

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
Im having and issue with the newest version of macdrive. got it installed good and such and it sees my drive without using the other program but it wont let me go on it say that it need to be formated.... so i got the program to relabel my drive and i looked and it under property in the program says the it has 800gb of room and that is using all 800gb also it tells me it RAW. so i dont know whats going on but its confusing as heck.

donjondodi

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2009
Too much of a hastle

I dont know but I found bootcamp 3.0 on mininova, installed it and was able to access my mac drive on win 7...

runebinder

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
Nottingham, UK
I dont know but I found bootcamp 3.0 on mininova, installed it and was able to access my mac drive on win 7...

Had a look for this, so pre-release Snow Leopard Bootcamp? So is that definitely legit? Was surprised that Bootcamp didn't have HSF+ support built in, so hope this is the real thing. Will give it a try, after a full virus scan of course lol

EDIT: Gave it a try, won't install on 64 bit Win 7 as it has digitally unsigned drivers. Can use the Limo msi's to get it to install but doesn't install the HSF+ support. Will post if I work out a solution to that

EDIT 2: Found a solution to get it working, have posted it at https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=7627387#post7627387

illegallydead

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Colorado!!!
If the software was so overpriced... I would have bought it by now.

Ya the price is pretty obscene. That plus the fact that they are forcing you to upgrade to 8 to make it run on Win7 (when all they needed to change was likely a tiny slice of code that checks which OS you have), plus their pathetic short-sightedness with 64-bit support, all adds up to me not wanting to support them financially. Unfortunately, they are the only ones out there that make this sort of software (at the level of user transparency I am looking for), so it is down to either live without, pay, or "obtain" from other sources :rolleyes:...

Pegasus665

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
Bristol, UK
After reading this, I just want to get it clear, I'm thinking of buying Windows OS 7 32-bit as MS are doing a pre-order offer of £50 here in the UK. So will it work in the unibody MacBook Pro 13.3" mid-2009 release?

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
After reading this, I just want to get it clear, I'm thinking of buying Windows OS 7 32-bit as MS are doing a pre-order offer of £50 here in the UK. So will it work in the unibody MacBook Pro 13.3" mid-2009 release?
Yes - W7 32bit will run on any Intel Mac.

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*

W7 32 bit will work great but their are some driver issues with the newer models particularly with the audio. By the time that arrives in October Snow Leopard's Bootcamp 3.0 will ship with HFS+ read and better driver support, the beta works ok on my earlier uMBP (for Apple - still unacceptable if it was Dell or Lenovo). They may even shock me sideways by having 7 compatible drivers ready for Snow Leopard's launch. You'll only need Macdrive if you need read/write.

You will have to download IE8 onto a USB stick before installing because MS's offer in the EU is without a browser and despite Microsoft's insistence on the contrary you'll need it installed.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
Support for Vista 64 is TERRIABLE. the program BSOD me many times!

I will not use it on 64 again. Only 32 :)

MacDrive 7 never did that on my Mac Pro running 64-Bit Vista Ultimate Edition SP2. So all I can say is that MacDrive's support for 64-Bit Windows worked for me.

valvehead

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2008
USA
I bought Macdrive 7 a while ago. It worked on XP, but it really slowed down boot/shutdown times. It also caused Windows Explorer to become unresponsive sometimes. I tried the updates to no avail. I gave up and uninstalled it.

Now that I'm using Win7 RC 64, I thought I'd give Macdrive 8 a shot. I tried the beta (v8.0.0.129). It could see the files on my HFS+ partitions, but it couldn't read the files. It kept giving me read errors. I uninstalled that one too.

With the release of Macdrive 8, I decided to give it one more shot. I've been using the trial for a couple of days (v8.0.0.148). It's working very smoothly so far. I can get version 8 for cheap since I own version 7 already, but I'm going to hold off until Boot Camp 3 is officially released before I consider an upgrade to Macdrive.

hoonu

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2008
Orange County, CA
I bought Macdrive 7 a while ago. It worked on XP, but it really slowed down boot/shutdown times. It also caused Windows Explorer to become unresponsive sometimes. I tried the updates to no avail. I gave up and uninstalled it.

Now that I'm using Win7 RC 64, I thought I'd give Macdrive 8 a shot. I tried the beta (v8.0.0.129). It could see the files on my HFS+ partitions, but it couldn't read the files. It kept giving me read errors. I uninstalled that one too.

With the release of Macdrive 8, I decided to give it one more shot. I've been using the trial for a couple of days (v8.0.0.148). It's working very smoothly so far. I can get version 8 for cheap since I own version 7 already, but I'm going to hold off until Boot Camp 3 is officially released before I consider an upgrade to Macdrive.

This. I would buy macdrive... just not for $50.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.