Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Hi world

After purchasing 2x new audio displays, my Mac is randomly freezing then it logs me out and I am back at the log in screen

The Mac is fully updated + displays as well

Checking the console log I am getting a lot of Windows server errors

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process: WindowServer [49463]
Path: ???
Identifier: WindowServer
Version: ???
Code Type: 00000000 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [Unknown]
User ID:

Date/Time: 2024-04-19 20:00:52.8293 +0800
OS Version: macOS 14.4.1 (23E224)
Report Version: 12
Anonymous UUID: 2F9D6D1A-E910-B25B-7955-27513C4D9049

Any one experienced this error? Apple supports solution is to just reload the Mac which isn't a feasible solution and stupid to be honest as this error never happened when I was using 2x Thunderbolt screens

It is hard for me to pin point if a app is causing it or other things that I am not aware of.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Just some thoughts.

Try DISCONNECTING one of the displays, and just run with only one display for a day or two.
Do the problems disappear?

If so, REconnect the other display, and DISCONNECT the first one.
Do the problems remain "gone"?

If so, try both of them again, but reverse the ports to which they were [first] connected.
Any changes?

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
just Metin to see how this goes, replugged the screens back into the Mac Studio and reinstalled some software (Switchres X) this was not running previously. Just wondering if that is the cause. I need to be able to set a custom screen resolution that the normal Mac OS display option doesn't have. I only have these options.

EDIT: also disconnected the apple USB C to type A connector from one of the displays so I can monitor my UPS, uninstalled Bartender. I read somewhere that that might be the cause. I also upgraded to Sonoma 14.5 public beta 2 hoping that might resolve anything. Hopefully doing that hasn't broken anything. Time will tell

EDIT: Still failed with Bartender being uninstalled, Uninstalled Switchres X + rebooted. Will test see how it goes

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.25.48 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 10.25.48 AM.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
Update:

Mac froze again 04/24/04, I decided to erase and downgrade the Mac to Ventura, manually moved data + app setup. Mac is running flawlessly. Most important of all, no independent screen zooming (One of the worst features in Sonoma in my opinion). Both screens zoom together.

Reactions: Nguyen Duc Hieu

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
"I decided to erase and downgrade the Mac to Ventura"

Just wondering... what "process" did you use to accomplish this?
Apple Configurator 2 ?
USB flash drive ??

sliceoftoast

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 3, 2012
In a Toaster
USB Flash drive, I was stressing about using the configurator and putting it in DFU mode like I've had to do previously on another Mac.. I just shut the Mac down, then held the power button in when I turned it on until the boot picker screen comes up. Then the USB Stick appeared and I booted off it. Erased the disk > then Installed normally

macOS Monterey will not work on a Mac Studio 2023.

Just make sure you know your Apple ID password because the Mac will require activation again.

Reactions: Fishrrman
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.