Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Yes, it does suck that iTools costs money now... but I have my whole homepage over 4 iDisk accounts, one that is mine and three which my friends don't use... And of course, I don't want to pay $400 now, or well, $200....
My problem: I have about 20 Photo Albums online, I don't have the pictures in iPhoto anymore and I don't want to redo all the pages with comments and all...
So, is there a way to remove everything but keep it working somehow. I mean, it could all fit on one 100MB disk then, and yes, it kinda is worth paying. But I'm not sure if it's possible to remove everything, because besides the page in the Sites Folder, there are only the 'big' pictures in some folders in the Pictures folder, not the previews that are on the main PhotoAlbum page. Where are those 'small' pictures?!
Well, thanks for taking the time to read this, at least help in the Mac community doesn't cost money yet... humm, well, .Mac support is only available for members who payed... :rolleyes:

-TheT-

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
You could try saving your album pages in IE as a Web Archive. Haven't tried it personally, but I would assume it would work...

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Yeah, I thought about doing that, but I would have to do it on a PeeCee, 'cause the mac saves it in one file... but yeah, maybe I'll try, if there's no other way... thx :)

zarathustra

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2002
Boston
Save as WEB Archive.

The previous poster was right. It's probably your best chance for the retrieval of the images. I spoke to soon, as always, and now have to retract.

My previous dumbass suggestion:

This is theory so take it with a grain of salt:

Mount your iDisk, navigate to : youriDiskname|Sites|. Voilá. It will have all the HTML, and probably the images are linked from your Pictures folder.

TheT

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 5, 2002
Germany
Well, I know the stuff with the Sites and Pictures Folder, I already looked there and copied everything... but I checked the HTML code of the site, and there's a reference to some small pictures for the main page which I can't find in the Pictures folder (only the large versions are there)... maybe those folders are invisible...? Humm, I still have 74 days...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.