Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
For some reason, my .Mac e-mail address isn't working... Whenever I open Mail, it asks for my password, saying that the server had rejected the one it sent... So, I go to webmail, and it says that it is temporarily unavailable...

It seems like Apple is updating their hardware, or had a hardware failure... I say that because I think they'd update their hardware at a less critical time...

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
mine was down too but i'm not home now to check it. on another note i've been getting the same email everyday saying something like "This email has an attachment that contained the Klez(sp?) virus. The virus has been removed." Needless to say i trash it right away. I don't know how this started since only my friends and family have that address. can the "Klez" do anything to OS X/Unix?

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Last week I had problems with mine (and I freaked out). I ended up calling apple and they fixed it. They wouldn't say what they did, but on Sunday, I used the forget password thing, and it wouldn't take my answers, then on monday on the phone with apple, they had me try it, and it worked.

Call them up with the phone number that is on the invoice.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
Originally posted by peterjhill
Last week I had problems with mine (and I freaked out). I ended up calling apple and they fixed it. They wouldn't say what they did, but on Sunday, I used the forget password thing, and it wouldn't take my answers, then on monday on the phone with apple, they had me try it, and it worked.

Call them up with the phone number that is on the invoice.

are you on the trial account or pay?

does it matter for this sort of support?

peterjhill

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle, WA
Paid account. Though if you have a trial account, I would hope that you would get the same support, otherwise, I would think it was a pretty crappy trial.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.