Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
I was just wondering if anybody ever ordered a macbook from macmall, And if you did how is the service. Im doing this for a friend. I switched him:D. He wants the blackbook. And advice would be nice. THanks!!!
-Bryan

phungy

macrumors 68020
Dec 5, 2006
FL/NY/TX
ResellerRatings.com

Below average ratings. I purchased my blackbook from Amazon. It's cheaper after rebate.

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
I bought a MBP from them without issue. At Christmas I ordered a LaCie 500GB and a iPod Nano as a gift for one of my staff. The LaCie arrived, no Nano in sight. Called within 15 minutes of the delivery. Told the customer service rep the story and did a very thorough inspection of the box. Definitely no visible signs it had ever been opened. She said she would begin the process, but it could take 7-10 days to get everything done. I just asked to credit my card and I would purchase the Nano on the local economy (could not wait 7-10 days). She said 'no problem'. I also sent an email, with all of the details to customer service as a back-up. A week later I sent a follow-up email requesting status. Two additional emails were sent, only to receive back a canned response. No calls or anything. I called them again last week and asked 'what is gong on, it has been a month'? Rep says, there is no evidence of any prior contact from you. Starting again - 'could take 7-10 days'........

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I ordered an iMac G4/800 from Mac Mall back in '02. There was a rebate and a free printer offer. When everything arrived, I had also received a USB cable which I had not ordered. When I called them, they said it had been automatically added to my order because the printer hadn't shipped with a cable, and that their customer service rep had surely informed me at the time, so I must have been mistaken.
I politely informed them that I had not been so notified, and that I did not need the cable since I had one already.
They said they were going to issue an RMA and have me send the cable back. I got the $14.95 or so credited to my card, but never got an RMA. Still have that cable somewhere around here.

Since then, I always order directly from Apple or go to an Apple Store. Not that it was a horrible experience, but it bothered me that they would assume I needed something and just add it to the order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.