Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjhamson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
I just got back from the local Apple Store here in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It is actually an IMC based store... but one of many that dot the western part of the country.

I was shocked to see what was on display... and priced out when I walked into the store. Lo-and-behold... they were showing a quick spec and pricing on a Mac Mini Core 2 Duo along side the previous 2 generations of Mac Minis (yes you can still get the Core Solo for a nifty price of $499).

I snapped two shots with my K700i phone.. so quality bites the big one. However, any fool in the western part of Russia can venture into any Apple Store to see for themselves that this is real and not a hoax.

Now... all that aside... there is no unit that is available to be taken out of the store... and you should reference the item# to see the full-ness behind all of this. That aside, just thought I would fuel the flames with some factual stuff to coincide with all the garbage that makes its way through the rumour mills.

Picture-1.jpg

Picture-2.jpg

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
Very interesting. Now it's just a waiting game to see if it's true. I wonder if someone will buy one just to try it out. :rolleyes:

mjhamson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Very interesting. Now it's just a waiting game to see if it's true. I wonder if someone will buy one just to try it out. :rolleyes:

It is Russia... where the saying "believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see" really matters. ;-)

But I do wonder though.... what is up with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.