Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shortcut3d

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2011
:eek:

Today, I was converting several Bluray folders to m4v using Handbrake. I had completed the encoding and transferred the files to the iMac and HTPC (Mac mini running bootcamp). My last step was to connect an external HDD via FW800 and backup the Bluray folders. Once I connected the FW800 Seagate GoFlex Pro the system locked up. I restarted several times and got a black no boot disk error. After several attempts, I am able to get back to OSX. Once in OSX the bootcamp 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS drive was not available in Disk Utilities. :confused: I went into target disk mode and still not available. I decided to remove the SSD and try to connect it to another computer and it work. I reinstalled back into Mac mini and everything is fine again. :confused:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
:eek:

Today, I was converting several Bluray folders to m4v using Handbrake. I had completed the encoding and transferred the files to the iMac and HTPC (Mac mini running bootcamp). My last step was to connect an external HDD via FW800 and backup the Bluray folders. Once I connected the FW800 Seagate GoFlex Pro the system locked up. I restarted several times and got a black no boot disk error. After several attempts, I am able to get back to OSX. Once in OSX the bootcamp 240GB OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS drive was not available in Disk Utilities. :confused: I went into target disk mode and still not available. I decided to remove the SSD and try to connect it to another computer and it work. I reinstalled back into Mac mini and everything is fine again. :confused:
Very odd. I've been running a Vertex 3 Pro for about 5 weeks now in my mini server. It's running fine. My second HDD is a bit of funny one though, but I've posted about it in another thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.