Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
My sister just bought the new Mac Mini.

What kind of external speakers do you recommend she get for the Mac Mini and where should she order them from (Apple.com, Mac Connection catalog, etc.)??

I have Soundsticks II and I told her to order those. Was that a good recommendation?

She doesn't want anything real expensive. I would say in the $100 to $175 range. Just for listening to music and radio on ITunes, etc.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Soundsticks and creatures are great.

Does she like her music loud or what? Give us some form of her listening style so we can give you better suggestions :)

Mac2004

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Ni, just simple music listening in her home office. Nothing loud.

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
sdreed25 said:
Love my creatures and they go so well in white ;-)

I agree, the creatures are great, I have them in silver and they work and sound great. I also have the soundsticks and they are good as well, but they are bigger.

Danzsupreme

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2005
I just ordered the Logic tech 2300 200W speakers any one have a review on those.

I cant wait for them to arrive.

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
I have the JBL Creatures for my iMac and the On Stage for my iPod.
I think both produce excellent sound, though I actually enjoy the On Stage a bit more, perhaps because of their form factor and portability. They're both comparable in price as well.

She could actually get the On Stage and use it via line out from the Mini.

There's another thread here about the HK Soundsticks vs. JBL Creatures.

From the perspective of where to buy, I found Amazon to have competitive pricing on both the On Stage & the Creatures.

Hope that helps - good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.