Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daniellay19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
Hi All,

Any help on this would be hugely appreciated. I downloaded sierra, all works fine apart from on start up once my desktop appears I am getting an annoying window appear. There is nothing in it at all and it is titled "window" any ideas?

Cheers Dan :)

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Try deleting login items one at a time. I noticed that one of my login items is ignoring the check-box to "Hide" on launch under Sierra.

daniellay19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
Hiya, Thanks for your reply, I have already tried this and I havent got any items in there no more.

onoxon

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2016
I'm having the same problem. I've been searching for a solution for about a week, but this is the first thread I've found that tells me I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.

daniellay19

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2016
You will be happy to know I have found a fix. I tried to go into system preferences > users and remove everything within the login items. This failed to work so I ran a full clean using CCleaner for mac. I think there maybe a small glitch within Sierra as CCleaner was still showing a list of login items. I removed all of these and restarted. Happy days! :)

rascalmaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
You will be happy to know I have found a fix. I tried to go into system preferences > users and remove everything within the login items. This failed to work so I ran a full clean using CCleaner for mac. I think there maybe a small glitch within Sierra as CCleaner was still showing a list of login items. I removed all of these and restarted. Happy days! :)

Thanks! The removal of items from the login list seem to have done the trick for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.