Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
Fixed... I think it's comical every time an "Apple is moving into the enterprise market!" article comes out. Then the announcement that Lion is App Store only for the debut... what a joke.

Is there any reason to believe that once we download Lion we can not burn it to a DVD?

If we can, then people can stop being hysterical about it. I love that if my copy gets scratched or missing, I can simply DL another copy for free.

Of course Apple will make it easy for large customers. Sheesh. Relax people.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Is there any reason to believe that once we download Lion we can not burn it to a DVD?

Well, the way you make a copy now is cumbersome and not intended by Apple. So Apple could very well break this method in the future, either intentionally or not.

It's unlikely they will change the installer this late, though.

Darien Red Sox

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2010
CT, USA
Most Institutional Licensing I have seen is distributed and imaged to computers from an Image Server, this image includes both the OS and any needed software. I would suspect that Lion will be able to be deployed this way.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Most Institutional Licensing I have seen is distributed and imaged to computers from an Image Server, this image includes both the OS and any needed software. I would suspect that Lion will be able to be deployed this way.

I don't understand this mass hysteria. If you have a need to image more computers than what is feasible via the Mac App Store, you should be be doing it via NetBoot/NetInstall/NetRestore.

I'm just gonna keep on enjoying the fireworks from all these people freaking out. :cool:

freedom42

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
A point people are missing is that there are closed systems / networks using OSX that will never connect to the internet. And in many cases the only media allowed inbound into that environment is readonly.

I'm just gonna keep on enjoying the fireworks from all these people freaking out. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.