Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Hello!

My Mac Pro sometimes forgets the F keyboard shortcuts (ie I have F11 to show my desktop) and mouse shortcuts (middle button for dashboard, sides for expose) and all it remembers is my top-left hot corner that activates the screensaver.

Any idea what could be causing this? Are these setting stored in a file that I could trash?

TYIA!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Well it might be related to your com.apple.dashboard.plist Preference file. Before doing anything too drastic (although trashing this file isn't really all that bad), maybe open a new user account and see if the problem carries over. At least that'll tell us if it's a problem with your Home folder. :)

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I have the same problem on my PowerMac G5. I suspect WoW to have something to do with it, but am not sure. Are you playing it, too?

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
This is a good basis for further research. Do you use windowed mode from time to time? Or do you use your mouse buttons for something in Wow? (I use one to mount, for example).

I think we should send a bug report to Blizzard, hopefully after we found a reason.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
Original poster
I use windowed mode (full screen usually, but it makes for easy switching when I need google). I can't remember if I set this, but squeezing my mouse puts me on autorun. Pressing 0 on the number pad also does this, and I definitely set that.

Let me know how you intend to submit the bug and I'll do it via the same channels.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
Yeah, I still don't know how to submit it best. I'm thinking about PMing rbarris here on MR and see what he has to say about it. Posting in the Blizzard WoW forums doesn't promise too much success, I think. I don't know if there's a bug submitting site other than the dialogue you get when the game crashes.

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
i believe it is wow. because the same thing happens to me after i play wow. all the f keys gets reset to nothing. and this only ever happens after playing wow.

Angrist

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2005
MI or NJ
WoW likes to remap those keys to open your bags / backpacks.

If you play fullscreen it will re-map them back to your usual settings, but NOT if you play windowed .... probably something we should bug blizzard about.

When I remap WoW to NOT use the keys in question, then things are fine.

rbarris

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2003
Irvine CA
That would make sense.

Is anyone experiencing graphical glitches since upgrading to TBC? I've started to see some funny distortions, flashes and tearing in-game :(

if you are getting graphical errors, please post your hardware specs.

Better yet, drop me email at rbarris "at" blizzard.com and include a copy of your system profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.