Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Windshadow

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2005
Xcat said:
I ordered on the 7th with an estimated September 12th ship date, and nothing has changed for me still. The orders definitely aren't shipping by order date though.
I an in exactly the same boat I ordered while Steve was still talking and yet my 3 ghz 2 gig 500 gig Airport/Blutooth X1900 Aperture pre installed still sits at sep 12 for its shipping date

I have taken to checking the status every few hours since this thread went up and npw I have started to worry that for some reason arkane and unknown it will not ship even then!

if it turns out that my sister paying for the installed Aperture copy is the cause the way some on another list told me I will be glum indeed

jansmith

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2006
A Common Thread?

Reviewing the posts from overnight, I think I'm seeing a pattern in those orders placed long ago but not yet shipped. We all asked for pre-installed applications beyond the usual iLife, etc. They must be delayed because of that, but I don't know why -- they must have a production-line system to slide that software onto the hard drive and then slap it in the box.

If anyone has received a MacPro with software other than the standard bundle, please post!

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
jansmith said:
Reviewing the posts from overnight, I think I'm seeing a pattern in those orders placed long ago but not yet shipped. We all asked for pre-installed applications beyond the usual iLife, etc. They must be delayed because of that, but I don't know why -- they must have a production-line system to slide that software onto the hard drive and then slap it in the box.

If anyone has received a MacPro with software other than the standard bundle, please post!

I didn't have a software bundle.

2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Airport+Bluetooth, Wireless KB/MMouse, and AT XT1900.

Shipped yesterday.

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
phantasm10 said:
You guys are funny with your 1900 XT's. You marvel at it like like an isolated tribe seeing a picture for the first time.

I've been using a 1900XTX in my PC since March and enjoyed its visual impact. From the sound of it, it seems most of you also have some sort of PC gaming rig. Did you guys not bother getting a high end card for gaming?

crawl back under your rock troll.

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
Rocksteady said:
spooooya mine just shipped....

:( Ordered on August 7th and still nothing....

EDIT: By the way, all I ordered was 2.66, X1900XT, BT and a 160 GB drive. No software, nothing else...

EDIT #2: Just checked my credit card. For some reason the available balance just dropped by 3k... :) Sounds promising!

Trekkie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2002
Wake Forest, NC
ammon said:
:( Ordered on August 7th and still nothing....

EDIT: By the way, all I ordered was 2.66, X1900XT, BT and a 160 GB drive. No software, nothing else...

I ordered on 8/7, changed the order twice later.

Think you should get the happy email soon. though now I'm waiting for it to cross the continent in a truck, should have upgraded shipping to two day or something.

DStaal

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2003
My only question on noise: Is it a quieter system, overall, than my current MDD (eg: 'Windtunnel') Mac?

I'm guessing it is, and preparing my checkbook for the shock... :D

Bosh

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2006
Shipped

MacPro 2.66Ghz
2GB memory
ATI x1900
2nd optical drive
Wireless keyboard & mouse
Downgraded HD to 160GB
Applecare
Overnight delivery

Ordered: 8/30, Original Estimates: ship=9/28, arr=10/2

Shipped last night.

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

stapler

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2006
My order has been uncancelable since yesterday but no ship, wtf? I heard that some people had theirs shipped without notification or updated status on their Order Status page, could this be the case?

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Trekkie said:
I didn't have a software bundle.

2.66GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Airport+Bluetooth, Wireless KB/MMouse, and AT XT1900.

Shipped yesterday.
Ditto here. 2.66Ghz, 2 GB of RAM, 500GB hard drive, X1900. No wireless, no software bundle, just the regular keyboard.

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
A couple of things I don't like so far is that the airport wireless thingy keeps going down to 2 bars. My mac mini which is right next to it stays at 4 and sometimes 3.

Also the case door starts to rattle sometimes...can be fixed by just undoing the latch in the back, but I'm still trying to find what causes the vibration.

Oh, also...the Belkin Nostromo doesn't work on the mac pro so it looks like I'll be using windows for WoW =/
As soon as you plug it in it tries to add it as a keyboard and has you push buttons, which none of them work. Then the nostromo program doesn't see it.

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
damado said:
Oh, also...the Belkin Nostromo doesn't work on the mac pro so it looks like I'll be using windows for WoW =/
As soon as you plug it in it tries to add it as a keyboard and has you push buttons, which none of them work. Then the nostromo program doesn't see it.
That's just...weird.

Not to derail the thread, but can you send me your Nostromo setup? I have one and I have never gotten it to work proprerly with WoW. People swear by them so I figure it's just me not using it right.

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
Fedge said:
everything but my mouse and keyboard...

UPDATE: Ok, so I finally got an Archive and Install to work. Now, I get a kernel panic everytime I click restart. By that I mean, it now boots up ok. I can use Tiger no problem. Everything works peachy. But then when I point to the apple menu, and click shutdown, or restart, I get a kernel panic. This really is frustrating. At least it's working to some capacity now.
Do you have over 2GB installed? Over on xlr8yourmac.com there are reports of KPs for folks with more than 2GB installed. Just fishing in the dark here.

Magis

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
uggh

My set up: stock except, ATI x1900xt, wireless and bluetooth, 2gb ram

Ordered: Aug 7, 2:33PM

As of now, no confirmation from Apple and nothing happening to my credit card.

Also, for everyone that thinks that it's shipping once you can't cancel it, if you look back through the threads, it seems you can't cancel it after changing the shipping by complaining about how long it's taking. Mine stopped being cancelable after that. I now sit on two full days where I haven't been able to cancel it and no action. On top of that I'm stuck editing a project on one of my school's set ups until my damned machine arrives.

Marioz

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2006
Rivarolo C.se, Italy
I ordered mine 3.0 X1900 wireless, BT, kbrd and mouse BT, 3 500Gb HDs August the 8th. Yesterday nite it was still with delivery date Oct the 2nd. This morning I received a mail ab my MacPro shipped!!! It'll arrive monday from Ireland!!
Frankly speaking there is something wrong in Apple.......

Fedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Abulia said:
Do you have over 2GB installed? Over on xlr8yourmac.com there are reports of KPs for folks with more than 2GB installed. Just fishing in the dark here.

It seems as though I may have finally diagnosed the problem. I think it may have been cause by parallels. Apparently the new mac pro beta build has been causing LOTS of kernel panics for other users. I suspect this may have been my problem. I've done a complete erase of my boot disk and re-installed the OS. When I get back from class, I'll run the machine through it's paces. I'm hoping parallels was the culprit.

damado

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2006
Fedge said:
It seems as though I may have finally diagnosed the problem. I think it may have been cause by parallels. Apparently the new mac pro beta build has been causing LOTS of kernel panics for other users. I suspect this may have been my problem. I've done a complete erase of my boot disk and re-installed the OS. When I get back from class, I'll run the machine through it's paces. I'm hoping parallels was the culprit.

I think there's a thread about parallels here with people having lots of problems still, so that's probably it.

serogers

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2006
Roseville, Ca
ammon said:
If it makes the Canadians feel any better, mine hasn't shipped yet.

I ordered mine on August 7th and I live in Colorado. No update, no notification, no nothin!

So don't feel too bad...

I ordered mine on the 9th and mine hasn't shipped yet either. I'm in California (2 hours away from Apple HQ)

It's because of the wireless...at least in my case. The wireless card is different than the normal Airport Extreme, so at this point, that is what is holding up my order. But hey! we get the $90 off the graphics card!

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
sejanus said:
my macpro with x1900 came today. it works fine except for bootcamp.

the first part of the windows install works fine until it reboots to finish the install, then i just get a black screen :(

Bootcamp is VERY finicky in the Mac Pro... I recommend the following:

- Use a seperate drive
- Partition it how you want using Master Boot Record-style partitioning (THIS IS A MUST! While the XP CD can install /correctly/ to a GPT disk, it can't boot off one in the Mac Pro in this configuration, go figure)
- Boot off your slipstreamed XP disc with the SATA+Chipset drivers (you did make one, right? This is what makes the HDD speeds good, instead of worse than my old PowerMac 8600)
- Enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.