Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happyprozak

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Has anyone seen the matte display option up close on the new XDR display? I'm curious how well this very expensive option handles glare while maintaining color saturation.

And does this surface feel smooth to the touch? It would be great to see a matte display option on an iPad that feels even more like paper when using the Apple Pencil.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
The MP7,1 and the XDR display are vapourware at this point in time.

Whatever Apple showed as prototypes at MacWorldSF 2019 may or may not represent the final products.

Probably when early production samples are loaned to the reputable review sites we will learn more.

ekwipt

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2008
I was listening to the Accidental Tech Podcast who saw one, said they were simply stunning but the non matte one was amazing as well. I think we'll have to wait until actual release or some reviews start happening at least. Real question is will you buy the stand?

Reactions: martyjmclean

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
There were a few in the Pro Studio that I saw at WWDC.

I’ll be honest... it was dark enough in the studio that glare was not a problem on the non-matte screens.

Reactions: martyjmclean
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.