Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simon L

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
I am getting broadband put into my house this week and I want both my PC and my G4 powerbook to have access to this.. Ideally I want it wireless for my powerbook so I can work anywhere in the house. What is the best way of doing this?

Thanks,
Simon

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
well you can try the simple setup like this:

I have no idea if your broadband comes with the need to connect over ethernet...

if it does its quite simple, I used to do it with a Pentium2 + Blue&WhiteG3 + trough Airport my PowerBookG4

so what do you do?
you buy a wireless router/hub with some ethernet ports and an antenna for the wireless function.
then you connect your pc and configure the router to your broadband, than you can surf the net with your pc trough the router wich is connected by a ethernet cable to the router, the next step is to configure your router to go wireless, and configure your PowerBook to connect trough airport to the router, and you can surf with both of them trough the same broadband connection...
just check for an ideal location for your router so the signal gets to all the locations where you want to use your PowerBook

greetings Jo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.