Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coast2Coast

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2003
We are currently experiencing problems with our web site. Feedback from Mac users with various browsers and operating systems tell us that they are experiencing errors when using our shopping cart. We are trying to isolate the problem to better serve our clientele.

We are a computer memory company that sells memory for most Macs. Our tech department has three Macs on hand for testing memory. We used them to place orders on our website and were unable to find a pattern. This is NOT an advertisement. This is a legitimate problem that we need a solution for. Please only consider this if you are a Mac user and are looking to upgrade your memory. Our web address is http://www.18004memory.com.

What we are looking for are web savvy Mac users to place orders on our website. In return, we will offer free standard shipping or an additional $5 off any other shipping method. In order to be eligible for the shipping reimbursement, you must email our support department, which can be reached at support@coastmemory.com. Please include your order number, computer model type, browser and OS version. You will be issued a credit to your credit card within 24 hours of placing your order. If you have any further comments, please include them as well.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
hmm, seems a bit dubious to post like that but they were quick to send me my memory back in november, perhaps next time they can pay arn for advertising? Good luck with your system problems if you do indeed have any. oh and i would suggest using your macs for more than testing :)

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
This seems weird. Would a legitimate business go to a mac rumors site soliciting beta testing advice? Something's fishy here.

By the way, mohawk memory rocks.

check them out if you need memory.

mohawkmem.com

springscansing

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2002
New York
18004memory.com is awesome. They'd not waste their time on a rumor site to sell 3 more chips. Give me a break.

I personally just ordered a 512MB DDR2100 from them last week on Safari v60, and it was fine. Does that help?

macktheknife

macrumors 6502a
Jan 24, 2002
I've never bought anything from 1-800-4-Memory, but I have heard of the company. It's been around for quite some time and I think it's very legit. And no, I'm not a 1-800-4-Memory employee. :D

FredAkbar

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Originally posted by mnkeybsness
i really don't trust this...

somebody that works for them has got to know mac users, or else would find other means of testing their web site than GIVING AWAY MEMORY

From what I read in their post, they're not giving the memory away. They are just offering free standared shipping or $5 off a more expensive shipping method.

--Fred

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
ARE YOU NUTS???

This is the WORST method to sling some memory I have ever seen... ARE YOU GUYS NUTS?? OF COURSE THIS IS B.S.!!!

I work in advertising, and this is just a ploy. I think this thread should be removed.

Hey 1-800-4memory: Here is what I am going to do to help your business... I am going to tell all of my "mac-savvy" clients NEVER to buy your product. HOWS THAT???

Hey Arn, you see this? I can't believe that they think we're that dumb...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.