Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
No idea I dont have it with me
I'm currently on holidays lol
How could that happen it was only doing msn, steam and firefox

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Just tried no it gets stuck on the apple sign when holding shift
Yeah I'm used kernal panics in windows lol
In fact I was in bootcamp when it happened windows blue screened then I noticed it was hot so let it cool down then that message came up for mac and windows won't even boot

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Nope that didn't boot either I saw a few dots come up on the screen then it went to a black screen showing the same info that's in the screenshot

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Just tried the pram didn't fix the problem
Other link told me how to close a program in mac if it was making the mac act up unless you mean taking out the battery which it says down the bottom

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
According to the link I gave you, you don't need to remove the battery if your macbook is an unibody one (looks like it is)

Note: Portable computers that have a battery you should not remove on your own include MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, and MacBook (Late 2009).

1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer. Note: The LED on the MagSafe power adapter does not change states or temporarily turn-off when you reset the SMC.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
looks like its a dead end.:(
by the looks of it, the problem should be on:
- ram
- logic board
- hard disk (not likely)

Either you go to an apple store to test the macbook or find some install dvd's compatible with your macbook to test it yourself.
I've run out of ideas, if anybody as another idea please share:)

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Looks like a trip to the apple store for me
thanx for your help and ideas anyway

satan4u

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Took it to the local mac authorised shop where I am and they had a look it was the memory but the memory upgrade I got put in it was dodgy and not genuine mac memory but it was done at another authorised mac shop

the memory it had in it was iram which is mac ram but not genuine

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.