Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
The default way that the case "wants to" be used is like I am showing in the first two photos...it's the same way I noticed it on some of the photos other people took so I assume everyone is doing it this way.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I just got my case today and while using it on my lap, I didn't like that there was a slight wobble when you pressed on the screen, plus I didn't like that you could actually see the case, took away from the appearance of the iPad a bit in my opinion. So by chance, I tried messing with the way it sat and found that it work much better if you sort of fold the hinged part behind the iPad instead of just letting it fall how it wants. Not only does it look better since you practically don't see the case at all, but it is MUCH sturdier, it is practically rock solid with no wobble or give at all. It also makes it sit just slightly more at an angle toward you, which is a good thing. It's great for typing too with no wobble, try it out!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
I keep going back and forth on the macally and the apple case. hmmmmmm what to buy

Depends what you want it for. If protection is one of your goals, the MacAlly really offers almost zero protection. Maybe it would help a little, but hardly I would think. Its more of a stand vs a protective case.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
I need to give this case some serious consideration, t might be just what I am looking for. I can't decide between the bookcase and Grip Vue. Both serve different purposes, but I don't want to have 2 cases.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
This case just gets better...

I'm in bed right now, laying on my back with my head propped up, and I have the iPad in the case but not closed up...not using the strap. Basically the case is folded like a tent and wow does it work well.

Neous

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2009
Woodstock, CT
The default way that the case "wants to" be used is like I am showing in the first two photos...it's the same way I noticed it on some of the photos other people took so I assume everyone is doing it this way.

thanks for the pics, how much more rise did you gain? 3/4" maybe

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
Wow and I thought that when i did that with my case that came in yesterday, that it was supposed to be that way out of the box. Glad it was confirmed as another way of using it.

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 25, 2010
thanks for the pics, how much more rise did you gain? 3/4" maybe

Not quite that much, more like 1/2" at most, but it still is an improvement in my opinion. The fact that is much more rigid is the real improvement though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.