Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alfonzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Hey guys, i'm about to buy my first mac, beign a macbook. Now i'm not a power user an almos never create DVD's. Now i dont know if i should buy the 2.0 ghz model with the superdrive or stay with the base system and save the 200 for 2gigs of ram. I ussually do work in office and browse a lot the internet doing research as I'm a biology major, any suggestions on what to do. Is the 0.17 ghz be really that different?

Alfonzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
That's what i said, i dont need a superdrive just now, anyways i could always buy an external dvd writer right that will work with iDVD right?

Alfonzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Also, since I'm from Puerto Rico, and we only have Apple resellers and no Apple Stores, the 1.83ghz will arrive in a week and the other models will not arrive for a month or more....

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Alfonzo said:
Also, since I'm from Puerto Rico, and we only have Apple resellers and no Apple Stores, the 1.83ghz will arrive in a week and the other models will not arrive for a month or more....

All the more reason to go with the 1.83GHz MacBook Alfonzo. :)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
100% get the 1.83ghz, the increased processor speed of the 2.0ghz model wont really be noticable and you can burn DVD's via an external SUperdrive which is probably better than the internal anyway.

ShadoW

lucab1982

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
London, England
shadowmoses said:
100% get the 1.83ghz, the increased processor speed of the 2.0ghz model wont really be noticable and you can burn DVD's via an external SUperdrive which is probably better than the internal anyway.

ShadoW

Seconded!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.