Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wildastronomy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
Hi guys. Recently bought a Mac Air from local apple retail store. After a few days of use. I found that there is a about 1mm gap on the left front corner between the lid and the body when close. But not sure if i should return it since i have seen scratches , , dead pixel... etc the day i buy it. Should i get a replacement?
Thz guys

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    899.6 KB · Views: 613

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Do u mean that particular corner has an extra mm more than the rest of the lid?

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
theres a gap in the left corner where the rubber is supposed to sit flat. Play it safe and exchange it.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2011
That looks fine to me. Macbooks are slightly flexible - you'll notice it if you twist from opposite corners. Just put it on a desk and press than corner down if it bothers you.

dyn

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2009
.nl
That 1mm gap is intentional and is caused by the black rubber ring that is around the screen. I like it because it makes opening the MBA when in a stand a bit easier since I can do it from the side instead of the front.

dasFLO87

Canceled
Jul 14, 2010
Is that normal? The lid doesn't close properly on the upper right and left side. There's a 1/2mm gap between the Unibody and black rubber band on the lid.

Watch the video:
MacBook Air 2013 Lid

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.