Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

secksthoi

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Planning on getting a base model MBA. How has been your experience with Lightroom 3?

I should add that I am on the fence whether or not to purchase the base model or the 'ultimate'. Curious because the only true ram and processor hog may be the LR3, but even so, I don't shoot much digital, rather, I edit a lot of medium format film scans (these files don't tend to be huge). Currently a college student and plan to use it as stated above with word processing and web surfing. Any advice?

Last edited:

ovrkast

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2011
Planning on getting a base model MBA. How has been your experience with Lightroom 3?

I should add that I am on the fence whether or not to purchase the base model or the 'ultimate'. Curious because the only true ram and processor hog may be the LR3, but even so, I don't shoot much digital, rather, I edit a lot of medium format film scans (these files don't tend to be huge). Currently a college student and plan to use it as stated above with word processing and web surfing. Any advice?

I use LR3 and Photoshop CS5 quite a bit with my hobby in photography. Unfortunately, my suggestion would be for the Ultimate edition. The meager 2GB RAM is not going to be "that" sufficient. The upgraded MBA Ultimate will provide you with 4GB and a slightly more powerful processor for post-processing and exporting of photos, and will aid in a smoother experience with LR3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.