1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Macbook Air erroring and shutting down at Trash Empty???

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by shaun0207, Mar 24, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

shaun0207

Morning Guys:

I've been having a issue with my Macbook Air (Rev. C (June 2009)) for a while now. I have a 2TB External WD HDD that I have connected to my AIR. In the middle of trying to delete some files off my external drive, it got disconnected from my AIR. So I reconnected the drive and tried to delete the files again. The trash emptied but left all the files I was trying to delete in the trash, but when I disconnect the external drive, the files disappear. So I was content to just let them stay there as long as they dont cause me any issues.

Well eventually, when I started trying to empty my trash, a transparent screen comes over my screen and wont allow me to do anything, with a note that says "Your computer needs to be turned off and turned back one". At one point it was happening even before I got would try to empty the trash. So I wiped my computer and reinstalled everything a couple times to see if it would help the issue and it works for months , then out of nowhere it starts this powering off thing again.

Any ideas?