Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacBook Air and 13" Retina MacBook Pro shipping times have slipped on the Apple Online Store from "in stock" to "1 business day" ahead of Apple's upcoming "Spring Forward" media event on Monday. Earlier this week, we reported that a MacBook Air refresh with the latest Intel Broadwell processors and Intel HD 6000 graphics appears imminent, and it is plausible that Apple also updates the MacBook Pro with similar hardware.

MacBook-Pro-Stock.png

The shipping dates have slipped across North America, with the Apple Online Store in the United States, Canada and Mexico showing the longer "1 business day" estimate. A spot check of the United Kingdom and Australia online storefronts still shows regular shipping times. In-store availability of the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro in the also appears unaffected in the United States based on Apple Stores in New York and California.

MacBook-Air-Shipping.png

Intel's Broadwell processors are available for all MacBook Air models and the 13-inch MacBook Pro, although more powerful chips for the 15-inch MacBook Pro are not expected until later this year. Nevertheless, Apple may choose to focus its March 9 media event solely on the Apple Watch and could hold off on refreshing its MacBook Air and MacBook Pro lineups until a later date.

Article Link: MacBook Air and 13" MacBook Pro Shipping Times Slip Ahead of Monday's Media Event

Last edited:

Goftrey

macrumors 68000
May 20, 2011
Wales, UK
This pretty much confirms updates all round on Monday then.

Whether it'll be the 12-inch Air that everyone's waiting for is another question entirely though. Here's hoping!

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
My sister is in the market for a new MBA so for her sake I hope they get updated. Personally I can't justify any resolution below 1080p in 2015

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Its slipping but the media event is for the watch, I didn't think wed be seeing anything for MBPs, especially since Broadwell isn't out yet.

thekeyring

macrumors 68040
Jan 5, 2012
London
I'm going to buy myself a new 15" MacBook Pro this summer. Hopefully they'll update them right before I buy one, so I can get the latest model. I can't afford to buy one on Monday :(

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
My sister is in the market for a new MBA so for her sake I hope they get updated. Personally I can't justify any resolution below 1080p in 2015

errr. You'll be disappointed tommarow then.

thelookingglass

macrumors 68020
Apr 27, 2005
This pretty much confirms updates all round on Monday then.

Whether it'll be the 12-inch Air that everyone's waiting for is another question entirely though. Here's hoping!

Yes indeed! and THIS is what I'm looking forward to, much more so than the Apple Watch. I've been holding out for an rMBP for a while now thinking that there might be updates around the corner.

SpiderDude

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2008
Portugal, Europe

That is quite nonsensical.
I believe enough PPI and and proper Scaling is far more important than resolution alone.
Considering viewing distances, even 1080p on an 11 inch screen is waste.

It's not a pissing contest, it's a wine taste.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I'm going to buy myself a new 15" MacBook Pro this summer. Hopefully they'll update them right before I buy one, so I can get the latest model. I can't afford to buy one on Monday :(

You'd be getting the latest model anyway. They wouldn't update them again til the Fall at the earliest, when Skylake comes out.

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
13 before 15?

I'm in the market for a 13inch laptop...I was gonna do the air since the pro wasnt gonna be updated...but do you really think apple will split their pro line in half? With the 13 having better graphics than the 15 inch?

ALSO,

Just to confirm, what I read is the top 28w i7 and top 15w i7 are almost identical in max cpu speed and graphics... the only difference is the 28w has a higher power draw so it can run at turbo boost longer and have less throttling down of the graphics...is that correct?

mjs402

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Please, please, please announce the 12-inch MacBook Air with Retina Display! Come on :apple:!

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Slipping to "1 business day" well that is conclusive proof!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
That is quite nonsensical.
I believe enough PPI and and proper Scaling is far more important than resolution alone.
Considering viewing distances, even 1080p on an 11 inch screen is waste.

It's not a pissing contest, it's a wine taste.

Agreed - though to continue your food/drink metaphor, the proof is very much in the pudding. And the MBA screens look pretty rough/washed out when compared to the Retina models.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Time to cash out some of those "points" on my Chase card... Monday is going to be expensive.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
It's about time. 28W Broadwell-U has been available since January.

But have they been available. Sure technically Intel has released them. Doesn't meam large volume of them have been shipping yet.

There are no notebooks available on the market with those 28 W processors. And no notebooks available with Intel hd 6000.

But I am not doubting that apple has enough of them now. And these notebooks will begin shipping next week. And I am very excited

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.