Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parranormal4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Hi, so im going to order a macbook (black of course) and i was wondering
1.apart from the battery and shutdown problems has anyone had any major problems with them?
and 2. will i be able to run bf2 and css on it? ive seen threads bout runnning bf2 but not completely sure if it actually works (obviously running it in bootcamp)

Thanks in advance

tm21

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2006
parranormal4 said:
Hi, so im going to order a macbook (black of course) and i was wondering
1.apart from the battery and shutdown problems has anyone had any major problems with them?
and 2. will i be able to run bf2 and css on it? ive seen threads bout runnning bf2 but not completely sure if it actually works (obviously running it in bootcamp)

Thanks in advance

1. NO
2. It will running but when you'll be an open ground gonna be very very slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Like a slow motion movie:eek: And your enemys can kill you with a single knife!!!

parranormal4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
Thanks for the replys. I was looking around on youtube and came across this video of osmeone running css on a mb the same specs as what im looking at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7xE3PTzaA seems to run pretty well. Well thanks again for the replys, im eagerly awaiting my macbook :D

edit: actually im getting 1gig of ram rather than the 512mb that there running on it that video

psaya

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2006
Berlin
Hi,
I am very keen on Diablo II LoD and would like to know, what I can expect from a MacBook 2 GHz, 1GB RAM regarding this game?

Could you please help me?

Thx

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
parranormal4 said:
Thanks for the replys. I was looking around on youtube and came across this video of osmeone running css on a mb the same specs as what im looking at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ7xE3PTzaA seems to run pretty well. Well thanks again for the replys, im eagerly awaiting my macbook :D

edit: actually im getting 1gig of ram rather than the 512mb that there running on it that video

I'm guessing that person also had 2 gigs of ram in that macbook. BF2 won't even launch and CSS wil run slowly on 512-1 gig seeing as the macbook is very ram dependent.

psaya

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2006
Berlin
Well, O.K.

I think you will have to explain me, what BF2 and CSS is and what this has to do with D2 LoD :D and than I will understand... ;)

Thx again

EDIT: I saw the link - CSS stands for Counter Strike, Source, am I right? - Well, if this game runs, I think Diablo II should also...

Nevertheless I would be grateful for experience-stories...

parranormal4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2006
aaron.lee2006 said:
I'm guessing that person also had 2 gigs of ram in that macbook. BF2 won't even launch and CSS wil run slowly on 512-1 gig seeing as the macbook is very ram dependent.
If you look at the video, right at the very start it says that there running on 512mb of ram :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.