Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

machappymeal

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
Could some UK based macrumor forumites give me a bit of help?

Am heading to the Regent Street Store in the next two weeks (gathering up enough money for a huge spending splurge:eek: ) and although I could ring them nearer the time I would like any members who have just been/are going in the next two weeks to let me know what the stock levels of the macbook are like:) . In particular I will be buying the basic white macbook with a possibility of also buying the top of the range black one:eek: .

As it will be a six hour round trip for me I would appreciate it if members could post here on the stock situation/when they were there/what the store had.

I would hate to turn up to experience lack of macbook fever:(

Thanks for your help:)

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
A guy in the office bought one last Saturday. He went in to play with them and they had them in stock. Went out to have a think about it/grab some lunch and when he came back they were out of stock!

So he went down the road and bought one elsewhere...

billtanderson

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2004
Croydon, UK
Macbook availabliity - Regent Street

I popped in after work on Tuesday 24th and they were out of all models.

I rang the shop at 11:30am on Wednesday 25th and they had some more in. I got to the shop at 12:30 and they only had a few black models left - I saw 2 go while I was getting mine.

So they seem to be restocking but selling out again pretty quick.

Your best bet is to ring them, but also I think if you can get there in the morning on a weekday you'll have a much better chance.with it so

I am very happy so far.

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
machappymeal said:
Could some UK based macrumor forumites give me a bit of help?

Am heading to the Regent Street Store in the next two weeks (gathering up enough money for a huge spending splurge:eek: ) and although I could ring them nearer the time I would like any members who have just been/are going in the next two weeks to let me know what the stock levels of the macbook are like:) . In particular I will be buying the basic white macbook with a possibility of also buying the top of the range black one:eek: .

As it will be a six hour round trip for me I would appreciate it if members could post here on the stock situation/when they were there/what the store had.

I would hate to turn up to experience lack of macbook fever:(

Thanks for your help:)

Ring them and ask them to put it on one side for you, explain that you're coming from a long way away, they surely won't say no.

And a three hour trip - ouch. Are you sure that the Birmingham/Manchester/Sheffield stores aren't closer to you? ;)

machappymeal

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
thequicksilver said:
Ring them and ask them to put it on one side for you, explain that you're coming from a long way away, they surely won't say no.

And a three hour trip - ouch. Are you sure that the Birmingham/Manchester/Sheffield stores aren't closer to you? ;)

In theory Birmingham would be closer but I do fancy the overall "London Day Out" if you see what I mean.

That's a good point about asking them to put one aside for me. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks things might settle down stock wise? I hope so.

Please keep posting anyone who goes there over the weekend/next week.

Many thanks for your help so far:)

machappymeal

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
robbieduncan said:
A guy in the office bought one last Saturday. He went in to play with them and they had them in stock. Went out to have a think about it/grab some lunch and when he came back they were out of stock!

So he went down the road and bought one elsewhere...

Robbie, where else round there could he obtain one? Micro Anvika or whatever they are called? It might be worth me having another option just in case.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
machappymeal said:
Robbie, where else round there could he obtain one? Micro Anvika or whatever they are called? It might be worth me having another option just in case.

Not sure on Micro Anvika's stock, but yes you could go there. He actually went to Selfridges which is nearby.

Icewind

macrumors regular
May 23, 2006
Scotland
Hey machappmeal,

I was in the Regents Street store last Thursday after I finished here in the office. It was about 6:30 - 7pm and the place was absolutely mobbed. They have about 10 Macbooks out on display (just inside the door) for playing with. I have a 12" iBook and a 15" Powerbook G4, but quite fancy getting a 2Ghz Macbook in white. I decided "what the feck.. I'm gettin one", so I queued up watched 2 other people walking out with theirs and when I got to the uber-babe at the counter, she told me that she had just sold the last of the 2Ghz white ones, but that she still had the low-end Macbook and the top-end black one... Doh! I can only afford the £899 at max for "another" Mac, and really want the 2Ghz white, so I decided to leave it right now and check again in a few weeks.

I plan to head in there just for fun tomorrow night... I'll let you know what the Apple dudes are syaing about stocking levels.

machappymeal

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
Icewind said:
Hey machappmeal,

I was in the Regents Street store last Thursday after I finished here in the office. It was about 6:30 - 7pm and the place was absolutely mobbed. They have about 10 Macbooks out on display (just inside the door) for playing with. I have a 12" iBook and a 15" Powerbook G4, but quite fancy getting a 2Ghz Macbook in white. I decided "what the feck.. I'm gettin one", so I queued up watched 2 other people walking out with theirs and when I got to the uber-babe at the counter, she told me that she had just sold the last of the 2Ghz white ones, but that she still had the low-end Macbook and the top-end black one... Doh! I can only afford the £899 at max for "another" Mac, and really want the 2Ghz white, so I decided to leave it right now and check again in a few weeks.

I plan to head in there just for fun tomorrow night... I'll let you know what the Apple dudes are syaing about stocking levels.

Thanks Icewind, please let me know.

uchuff

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2006
I bought mine on Sunday, at the time the chap said they had all 3 models in stock - no mini-DVI to VGA cables though.

EDIT:
I got a 2GHz white :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.