Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shifeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Hi all, I have a problem with my macbook battery, as stated in the title. Coconutbattery says that my macbook is 2 months old when it is a latest shipment and i got it only a month ago. Also, after only 7 cycles, my battery charge has only 94% left. Can I bring this issue to apple? what do u guys think?

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Hi all, I have a problem with my macbook battery, as stated in the title. Coconutbattery says that my macbook is 2 months old when it is a latest shipment and i got it only a month ago. Also, after only 7 cycles, my battery charge has only 94% left. Can I bring this issue to apple? what do u guys think?

Some battery decay is normal, though this may be a little excessive. I say, if apple is close, head on over to a genius and see what they can work out. You may end up with a brand new battery, if you do, try to calibrate it. (I don't know if this actually does anything, but I haven't had battery problems after doing this). Charge your battery all the way, and let it drain down to AC, repeat that one more time and you're good to go.

shifeng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
Some battery decay is normal, though this may be a little excessive. I say, if apple is close, head on over to a genius and see what they can work out. You may end up with a brand new battery, if you do, try to calibrate it. (I don't know if this actually does anything, but I haven't had battery problems after doing this). Charge your battery all the way, and let it drain down to AC, repeat that one more time and you're good to go.

I did calibrate the battery last week. and it was 95% total charge last week. this week it became 94%. I'm quite shocked at this. I think i'll bring it down to apple store. Cheers.

LBmtb

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2007
long bizzle, ca
Hmm . . . my macbook c2d is 2 months old (barely) and the battery is at 91% capacity according to coconutBattery. :confused:

Cause for worry? New battery in my future?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.