Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JurgenWigg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Baltimore
Hey guys, i'm looking ahead and thinking that this knowledge may be something i'd like to have.

What do you guys use to physically clean your macbooks? Screen, case, etc, especially all the black macbook owners - it's just the outside lid that gets smudgy a bit, what do you use to clean that off?

thegreatluke

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2005
Earth
I use a microfiber cloth.

You can find them for about $5.99 for a pack of three in most office supply stores.

Wet it a bit (only slightly damp), clean the screen*, then clean everything else on the MacBook.

*Due to the cloths' tiny stitching, it can pick up microscopic particles of dust which can scratch the screen. This sounds kinda iffy but as long as you clean the screen before everything else you're fine.

It Just Works™ with a microfiber cloth.

CNU182

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
thegreatluke said:
I use a microfiber cloth.

You can find them for about $5.99 for a pack of three in most office supply stores.

Wet it a bit (only slightly damp), clean the screen*, then clean everything else on the MacBook.

*Due to the cloths' tiny stitching, it can pick up microscopic particles of dust which can scratch the screen. This sounds kinda iffy but as long as you clean the screen before everything else you're fine.

It Just Works™ with a microfiber cloth.
x's two! i just use a soft paper towel, but the method all the same works well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.