Macbook Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shawnpringle, Feb 11, 2009.

1. shawnpringle macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2008
    Lately my macbook has been really flaky. I took it apart to fix a broken piece that was depressing the disk drive (result of a fall), and everything was working fine before and after this. Then suddenly the battery wont charge or be recognized. I took it into the apple store today and they replaced the battery because it was "bad"
    I got it home, and it still wasn't recognizing the battery. It would charge it for a minute then just cease to recognize it. I installed the battery updates, and did a fresh install of Leopard. Still no go. What is going on?

Instead of making a new thread, does anyone know how to delete previous systems? I had a kernel panic and had to reinstall tiger with my macbook CD's, and that took up 20 GB, then i just installed Leopard and thats another 5GB. How do i get this space back?

If anyone could answer either of these questions, it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

Sep 28, 2008
    When you took it apart, you re-connected everything properly, right? Maybe the wires for either the battery terminal or the MagSafe adapter aren't set properly?

Also, you can try to reset the SMC, read this:
  3. shawnpringle thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 5, 2008
    I tried resetting the SMC, thanks though.
    When i took it apart i was careful not to unplug anything, but I will take it apart again and check the connections. There is a screw on the back near the vents that i am worried about. It is stuck and wont come out, and i tried magnets. I guess i will need to try superglue.
  4. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Feb 13, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It could be a resurface of the battery issues some people had in MacBooks, if I remember correctly, these were rife a while back, you could just send it into apple and see if theyll give you another one/fix it (they might not because it had a fall).