Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Since upgrading to a MacBook (thanks Apple! for that third iBook G4 800 Mhz logic board failure 2.6 years into my warranty!), I've noticed that despite my settings in System Preferences which call for the machine to keep running regardless of inactivity both in energy saver preferences and screensaver preferences, when I leave the computer running with just Safari open, it will close Safari and log me out to the multiple users log in screen.

If I have something like Transmission running, it will not be able to log out since Transmission dialogues and does not agree, in a user's absence. But anything else running will quit, e.g., Safari.

Previously, something like Taboo could prevent Safari from quitting since it requires a dialogue to cancel multiple open tabs when quitting.

Any ideas on how to keep going in screensaver mode and not being logged out? Which settings am I missing?

If this isn't a MacBook issue and I should ask somewhere else please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.