Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brbubba

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Anyone else having occasional problems ejecting DVD/CDs from their Macbook? It happened once before and just started on me again. I basically hit eject and the mechanism engages but the disc never comes out. I noticed that the slot for the drive seemed to be slightly bowed in the center and I also noticed that I can easily apply pressure to make it bend, not good. I eventually pulled it open the other way and the disc ejected. It looks like its working now, I assume that the cd was catching on the case and therefore couldn't eject. Kind of scary that the body is so weak.

oceanmonster

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2007
Anyone else having occasional problems ejecting DVD/CDs from their Macbook? It happened once before and just started on me again. I basically hit eject and the mechanism engages but the disc never comes out. I noticed that the slot for the drive seemed to be slightly bowed in the center and I also noticed that I can easily apply pressure to make it bend, not good. I eventually pulled it open the other way and the disc ejected. It looks like its working now, I assume that the cd was catching on the case and therefore couldn't eject. Kind of scary that the body is so weak.

I know this sounds weird but try holding the macbook very carefully up in the air so that the disk slot is facing the ground and ejecting. After you get the cd out take the macbook to an apple store and see what they say.

vanzskater272

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
A dvd got stuck in my drive so I just shut it down and then when I booted up it asked me if I wanted to eject it and I said yes. Then it ejected it self.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.