Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMusicMan39

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Hi all,

I know I've seen a few posts with this question addressed already. However, I'm curious to know if the price difference between the MacBook Pro and MacBook is warranted. I looked at both systems with the 2.0Ghz Processor, 1 GB of Ram, and 100 GB HD and found that the MacBook Pro is nearly $500 more. I noticed that the Pro has more screen estate along with a devoted graphics card rather than the Intel integrated card in the MacBook. I'm not a huge gamer, but I was really looking forward to Civ IV- would this even run on the MacBook since it needs the graphics card?

Also, does anyone know if the MacBook Pro has the same swappable memory/hard drive feature as the MacBook?

Thanks for the assistance.:)

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2006
MacMusicMan39 said:
Hi all,

I know I've seen a few posts with this question addressed already. However, I'm curious to know if the price difference between the MacBook Pro and MacBook is warranted. I looked at both systems with the 2.0Ghz Processor, 1 GB of Ram, and 100 GB HD and found that the MacBook Pro is nearly $500 more. I noticed that the Pro has more screen estate along with a devoted graphics card rather than the Intel integrated card in the MacBook. I'm not a huge gamer, but I was really looking forward to Civ IV- would this even run on the MacBook since it needs the graphics card?

Also, does anyone know if the MacBook Pro has the same swappable memory/hard drive feature as the MacBook?

Thanks for the assistance.:)
Read the guide about what to do. It is helpful

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.