Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gurzi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
Hy all..

I'm From Portugal, and i found this forum, it's great.. congrulations :)

now i need help..

On the next Thuesday i will buy Mac Book and they offer an Ipod 1 gigabyte white.

My doubt is..

Since 1999 i have Amd 800 mhz, 512 DIM SDRAM so the memory never was a problem to me .

The graphic card off the MAcBook use 80 mb of the 512 DDR2 RAM, so i just have 432 free ddr2 to use...

At this moment i'm not very good at my finances..
I ever used 512 SDRAM , so you think 432 DDR2 isn't sufficient to me ?

In portugal the apple store, is asking about 100 €uros to put 2x512 and they take my old memmorys.

What is your oppinions ?

sorry my bad english :p

ps: i want the computer to software development, macromedia flash, macromedia dreamweaver, and use SQL as language database.

Xander562

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
most people feel that you should have at least 1GB of RAM to run OSX, and if you are good with computers, taking them apart etc, i would recommend buying some RAM somwhere else and installing it yourself, it'll save you money.

I'm not sure if the macbook will be good for the things you specified, #1 because i dont have a MAcbook, and #2 i dont really know what it takes to run the programs you specified.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.