Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
I just got my new MBP 13" 2012 and this is what I see right in the middle of the LCD. It has a rainbow color effect when viewing at different angles on a white background. It does not show on a black background giving reason that it might not be a dead-pixel after all. Is this then a scratch/crack on the LCD screen?

mlh661.jpg

30cn2fp.jpg

25q3gvt.jpg

(*) Sorry about the upside down pictures...

blaake

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2012
Florida
I just got my new MBP 13" 2012 and this is what I see right in the middle of the LCD. It has a rainbow color effect when viewing at different angles on a white background. It does not show on a black background giving reason that it might not be a dead-pixel after all. Is this then a scratch/crack on the LCD screen?

(*) Sorry about the upside down pictures...

Download a dead pixel test and it will answer your question

ebann

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Download a dead pixel test and it will answer your question

Yeah... I did that... it's not your typical dead-pixel... if I cannot see it on a black background, then you'd assume it's a dead-pixel-OFF-type but it shines many colors when it is supposed to be OFF, i.e. dark, and it's not.

Look at the pictures... you can see a hint of the pixels behind the "scratch".

This "rainbow" effect is usually not associated with dead-pixels... I just want a visual confirmation from other members.

I tried the pencil-eraser method and it didn't go away.

What's Apple policy on tiny cracks/scratches anyways?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.