Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dpcolorblind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2016
I'm having a problem with my MBP that I bought last 3 months.
I'm experiencing this random blackout on my screen but the music is still on.
I notice this every time my external monitor is unplugged.

Any has the same problem with me?

supermariofan25

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2011
Does the screen flash black then back to normal when you unplug the external monitor or does the screen stay black?

JohnDS

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2015
Have you tried turning off the monitor before unplugging it?
[doublepost=1476277441][/doublepost]Do you have the external monitor mirrored with the internal monitor or in two different spaces? (Check the monitors preference pane.) If they are in separate spaces, when you get the black screen try a two finger scroll left or right with the track pad to see if it brings up the space for your internal monitor.

dpcolorblind

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2016
Have you tried turning off the monitor before unplugging it?
[doublepost=1476277441][/doublepost]Do you have the external monitor mirrored with the internal monitor or in two different spaces? (Check the monitors preference pane.) If they are in separate spaces, when you get the black screen try a two finger scroll left or right with the track pad to see if it brings up the space for your internal monitor.

It only happens when the external monitor is unplugged.
The problem never occurs for weeks if I'm using the external monitor. But if its plugged it'll be fine only by days then the problem is on again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.