Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

giovanniiorio_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
Napoli, Campania
Hi guys, I would like to know the aesthetic conditions of your macbooks pro 2016/2017 after months of use. My MacBook Pro 2016 with TB has a very little mark scratch on the edge of the case. I don't know how I did it, maybe with magsafe connector, I never dropped the macbook. It's visibile in certain conditions because it's space grey and seems it shines at light. My old MacBook Air has more scuffs and marks like that one but I never saw them.

Attachments

• IMG_2441.JPG
    IMG_2441.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,973
  • IMG_3441.JPG
    IMG_3441.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,728
  • IMG_4768.JPG
    IMG_4768.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 6,103
  • IMG_8089.JPG
    IMG_8089.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 5,320

rawweb

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2015
Hi guys, I would like to know the aesthetic conditions of your macbooks pro 2016/2017 after months of use. My MacBook Pro 2016 with TB has a very little mark scratch on the edge of the case. I don't know how I did it, maybe with magsafe connector, I never dropped the macbook. It's visibile in certain conditions because it's space grey and seems it shines at light. My old MacBook Air has more scuffs and marks like that one but I never saw them.

Don't really see what you're talking about.

It's easy to get too OCD about your MacBook, myself included. Just use it for what it was designed for! :)

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
This specific issue isn't necessarily a case of being more delicate. I've noticed that the color tends to show markings more than the silver.

Reactions: giovanniiorio_

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Did you not knock it with the cue ball? Why are you working on a snooker table?

Darker colours show defects more easily, nothing to do with Apple, just anything that is a darker colour will show a mark in light when compared to lighter colours. Also amplified by reflectiveness over matte.

Reactions: giovanniiorio_

giovanniiorio_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2017
Napoli, Campania
Did you not knock it with the cue ball? Why are you working on a snooker table?

Darker colours show defects more easily, nothing to do with Apple, just anything that is a darker colour will show a mark in light when compared to lighter colours. Also amplified by reflectiveness over matte.
It's a cloth I use on the table. Yeah, marks on space grey are more visible than the previous models. I work in Apple Store, I saw every custom space grey MacBook Pro has some marks or chip on the case.
[doublepost=1503816090][/doublepost]
Don't really see what you're talking about.

It's easy to get too OCD about your MacBook, myself included. Just use it for what it was designed for! :)
Yes, at the end they remains objects that we use every day and they will not be as new forever.

marcojr

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2017
Same here a lot of "teeth" in the borders. If you use your finger from one edge to another, you will notice. less than a year of use. Totally rubbish ! My previous MBA I sold in better conditions , even with 4 years of use ! I can't handle Apple anymore...really. Poor products, poor OS...I bought iPhone-X...my GPS sometimes get in nuts ! I will not pay much more for something worst !

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
The first scratch is always the worse. It is just like the one you make on your car, every time you go to your garage you immediately look at the spot and notice the scratch. Eventually you get used to it, as long as they're not huge.
The main reason I went for the silver model is because scratches are easier to notice on a darker shell. I bought my rMBP less than a month ago and not far from the Apple on the lid I just noticed a 3'' scratch, really no clue how it happened, since I treat my appliances with care, but I don't really care

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.